Clear All

• 7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

Sounds about right...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Yup...aggrement here as well.

Comment

No argument here. Now if you'll excuse me I've been on the computer a little too long...

Comment

This is why office jobs make so many of us miserable; we don't get any physical, tangible result from our work. But do construction out in the hot sun for two months, and for the rest of your life you can drive past a certain house and say, "Holy shit, I built that." Maybe that's why mass shootings are more common in offices than construction sites.
        Fortunately, out here on the Interwebs and stuff, I can say that I've made a difference by doing what I do.

Generally speaking, though, I love self-checkouts, I love being at a distance from people who would irritate the crap out of me were I required to be around them on a near-permanent basis, and there's only one time in the last ten years that I can remember thinking 'I need to get laid'. That lasted only as long as it took for the sudafed to take hold and clear my head.

Generally speaking, it's horses for courses.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Generally speaking, though, I love self-checkouts, I love being at a distance from people who would irritate the crap out of me were I required to be around them on a near-permanent basis,
          I hate self-checkouts, but it has nothing to do with people. But I find being at a distance from people just makes it more difficult to be around people...I don't have a lot of people in my life, and the more time I spend in my little bubble, the more anxiety I have about getting out and meeting new people. It's a vicious circle, really...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Another reason why my office will be at 20,000 feet going mach 1

Comment

http://existenz.se/out.php?id=20882

This is life in the 21st century.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                http://existenz.se/out.php?id=20882

This is life in the 21st century.