Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't donate myself, and I would love to, heck I even couldn't donate to help when mom was hospitalized. Basically for the meds I take and another reason that I'd better leave to fratching for it could unleash a flamewar here
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I can't donate. Which sucks because I have a very low aversion to needles except in rare cases (PICC line insertion without localized anesthesia) and large veins. Stupid genes.

Phlebotomists love me, but in recent years my veins have tended towards rolling when poked, so despite being huge they require actual preparation before sticking.
      "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

I've similar problems with donating blood, never tried plasma. My blood pressure is always on the very low end of normal, and my iron levels, even with my carnivorous diet, are often on the borderline or just below, so they won't let me.

Oh, and I'll need to stop poking holes in my body/getting tattoos for long enough to be eligible to donate anyhow, which I haven't been able to do in a while.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I should look into the possibility...I know that I am type O (don't know + or -); my parents are both type O, so if I'm not, my mommy has some 'splainin' to do...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

* Wanring : may lead thread to Fratching *

I use to donate blood regularly years ago.
            But once they undertood, during standard questionning, that I was gay.
            I couldn't anymore. Fobidden. Risky population.

Recently the law changed - now I'm allowed.

I should go back now.

I should.

Comment

I give blood, but never given plasma. I'd love to though, as far as I know my blood is ok (iron/pressure etc wise).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the veins of drug addicts generally collapse after lots of use?
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the veins of drug addicts generally collapse after lots of use?
                Yer, think of your veins like a brick lined tunnel, knock enough bricks out and eventually the whole sorry mess will collapse. Eventually some addicts can only inject into the little fleshy part in the corner of their eye, or perhaps between their toes. Hmmm sounds like fun!
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                X