Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have said only if the evidence would suggest you killed Col. Mustard in the dining room with the revolver...

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      Qualifications

SC: “If you can’t help me then don’t answer the phone! <click>”

I’d be letting it ring for quite some time then as I have no experience and certainly no qualifications in removing large, dead land mammals from the deep within the human rectum.
      Don't you know that the caller ID feature on phones these days not only includes the caller's name and number but also their reason for calling you? Yup, it's great, your company should look into it. This way you don't have to answer the phone if you truly can't help them.

I hear they're also working on a feature that will let you know what they intend to do when they hang up...that way, if you are the type of person to make suggestions and see that they are the type of caller who does not listen to suggestions, you can prevent wasting time and breath on the mouth breather on the other end.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        I usually use Delta myself but... if they're really anal there's always "D as in Donkey show"
        (i'm feeling snarky-but-fun today)
        Heh. At my job, have have to do the whole "A as is Apple, B as in Bob..." thing. One of my co-workers, if he's feeling a bit devious, (or the person on the other end is being obtuse) will say stuff like "That's an A, as in Extra, and a B, as in trouble, and a C, as in electric.

I don't think a rat is big enough to be played like a drum and get any kind of real noise out of. So it'd probably be more like a wind instrument.....
        This quote simltaneously amuses and horrifies me.

Win button is full of Win.
        And I feel this thread needs a...
        Attached Files
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

"That's an A, as in Extra, and a B, as in trouble, and a C, as in electric.

Let's not forget G as in Gnat and X as in Xylophone

Comment

Quoth weirdboy_1 View Post
            'ay for 'orses
            b for mutton
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              Don't you know that the caller ID feature on phones these days not only includes the caller's name and number but also their reason for calling you?
              Errr.... I work in a call centre, and our phones *do* do this... Seriously. They have to choose a series of options on the automated line first, and then when they get to us, that series of options pops up on our caller ID, telling us what they want to talk about LOL So there.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                Errr.... I work in a call centre, and our phones *do* do this... Seriously. They have to choose a series of options on the automated line first, and then when they get to us, that series of options pops up on our caller ID, telling us what they want to talk about LOL So there.
                ah, so you use a distant cousin to DESI (which does the same thing except pops up on our computer screen)
                ... all my caller ID tells me is which hotel forwarded it or if it's a gen res which brand they called.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                  Many of our lines have automated menus before you get through to us but callers tend to ignore it completely and press whatever button gets them a live operator. Even if that button is clearly stated as "FOR EMERGENCY ONLY".

People are constantly hitting the emergency option ( Which is ONLY if you've been arrested or badly injured while in Canada. Period. It states this bluntly. ) to get through to me on the embassy lines only to ask me some retarded question about their passport expiration or something.

Comment

Quoth weirdboy_1 View Post
                    or use archaic (but still valid) spellings... K as in garlick

Comment

"Smite Button" made me think of this.
                      "Jester, I have an opportunity for you." Uh oh. What does he want me to clean? "It 's a chance for you to make some extra money." Crap, it must be really gross!

-Jester

Comment

Maybe it's the letter D that is the problem?

My conversation went like this:

Me: That's D
                        idiot: B?
                        Me: No. D
                        idiot: T?
                        Me. No, D... D for DEAF.
                        idiot. Oh! D!

Comment

Oh yes, and it's

A for Gardener (Ava Gardner)
                          B for mutton
                          C for miles
                          D for dumb
                          E for braun
                          F for vescent
                          G for police
                          H for 'ollyock
                          I for the engine driver
                          J for orange
                          K for restaurant
                          L for leather
                          M for Sis
                          N for eggs
                          O for the wings, for the wings, of a dove
                          P for heaven's sake, you must be bursting
                          Q for ages
                          R for Askey (or use the surname of any other famous person whose first name is Arthur)
                          S for Ofarim (same as R, but first name Esther)
                          T for Two, and 2 for tea
                          U for is Spanish for grape
                          V for is a rocket
                          W for two Spanish grapes
                          X for girlfriend
                          Y for the love of God did you have to say that?
                          Zee for miles, but in Holland
                          Last edited by Bagga; 02-14-2008, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Many of our lines have automated menus before you get through to us but callers tend to ignore it completely and press whatever button gets them a live operator. Even if that button is clearly stated as "FOR EMERGENCY ONLY".

People are constantly hitting the emergency option ( Which is ONLY if you've been arrested or badly injured while in Canada. Period. It states this bluntly. ) to get through to me on the embassy lines only to ask me some retarded question about their passport expiration or something.
                            Emergencies are anything the person has no clue about. That pimple on the inside of their nose is an emergency (it's cancer you know) Their return of a 3 month old pair of dumb bells thats rusted to all hell is an emergency, and the fact that they came in to purchase athletic tape with 4 people in front of them in line when they have to be to a basketball game in 5 minutes is an emergency. It's all relative.
                            Girls do not exist on the intarweb.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              And frankly, I was disappointed that there were no cats in this post...
                              Yes, please think of the cats!
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

1) You don’t know what software you have.

2) You don’t know what your phone number is.

3) You can’t read.

Apparently the only qualifications for working for <chain of convenience stores> at 4am are a pulse and opposable thumbs. Though I guess even that last one is negotiable if this woman is any indication.
                                Heh, way back when I used to work in so many different stores for a certain chain, I was lucky I had even seen the system they used at another store let alone used it before. As for phone numbers I had a list of them but there was no way I could ever remember them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X