Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Somebody" should look where they're going.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Somebody" should look where they're going.

Our automatic sliding door is a bit slow. Most people are smart enough to wait the few seconds it takes to fully open. Not this SC - he let it open half an inch then walked into it, with an audible thump.

SC: You have to fix that door!
    Me: I know it's slow, I've told the owner and he's getting somebody to come and look at it.
    SC: That's not good enough! You need to fix it!
    Me: All I can do is tell the owner. He's waiting for the door company to get back to him.
    SC: Well he needs to fix it before "somebody" sues him (yes he said it in that tone that puts quote marks around the somebody. We all know that by "somebody" the SC meant himself.).

Maybe if "somebody" looked where they were going or was willing to wait two seconds then "somebody" wouldn't be considering a frivolous lawsuit.

I would have been tempted to reply "Fixed? Why? That's our main source of entertainment!"
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

At the hotel I worked at, there was a kid running and wasn't really noticing that the door wasn't opening fast enough for him to get through and ran straight into it and knocked it off its track. Then denied that he did it upon querying, despite the faceprint on the glass at his height.

Comment

Sues him for what? A slow opening door? That one would be laughed out of court...lol.

Comment

God, slow opening doors are awsome! Get's people to slow down... or come to a sudden stop very quickly if you know what I mean.
          Automatic doors are just fun.
          Telling a cop, "My taxes pay your salary!" is dumb.
          Telling a cop you demand your shit without paying taxes is even more dumb.
          -Automan Empire

Comment

I love that he said, it needs to be fixed, you said that it was going to be fixed, and he said it wasnt good enough.

hehe i guess he was expecting you to offer him something.
            *shrug*
            http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
            Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
              I love that he said, it needs to be fixed, you said that it was going to be fixed, and he said it wasnt good enough.
              yeah, it seems a lot of people these days have a "sorry isn't good enough, now go invent a time machine, travel back in time and stop it happening in the first place" kind of attitude.

Comment

Fix the door? Hell I would install spikey things on it, or maybe put some creme pies on it and then just sit back and watch all my pent up agressions dissipate.

Ok maybe the spikey things are just in my mind cause them would be bad, how about covering it with sticky paper and making a SC version of fly strips.
                My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I had a customer actually push wide open the sliding door with his cart when it wouldn't open for him. Duh..I JUST TOLD YOU IT WAS BROKEN AND TO GO THE ONE TWO FEET TO YOUR LEFT!!
                  "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

Comment

We had a customer break one of the exit automatic doors by trying to come into the store through it. Apparently the big red sign with "Do Not Enter" in big white letters wasn't enough of a hint for her.

Comment

Before you know it, this is one of those stories that will end up on 20/20. I would suggest installing a security camera in front of the doors, then see what he does when it goes to court and the defense produces the video tape.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        Not this SC - he let it open half an inch then walked into it, with an audible thump.
                        Did giggles ensue?
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

reminds me of this one guy I saw as I was walking into the grocery store. There's two doors right next to each other. One has big green stickers that say entrance. Another has big red stickers that say DO NOT ENTER and EXIT. Guess which one he walked to? Unfortuantly, he realized his mistake just an inch before hitting it and I did not get to laugh.
                          We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Me: I know it's slow, I've told the owner and he's getting somebody to come and look at it.
                            SC: That's not good enough! You need to fix it!
                            I can just see it now...
                            *pulls out Gerber & flicks it open & starts to dismantle door*
                            and in the meantime the SC gets mad about something else

or he runs away as soon as you flick the Gerber open, assuming you meant to use it on him

Comment

With the recent heavy rains and snow in the northeast, their was a leak in the roof of my dorm. The water somehow got into a device on the fire alarm system. It caused a "trouble" condition, causing the system to disable the magnets that hold the fire doors open in normal conditions.

I was walking down a hallway towards a now closed door, which was painted a bright blue. I hear a loud THUD, followed by a lot of cursing. Other student was too involved with their phone and walked into it. I couldn't help myself and had to laugh at their stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X