Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They tried to make me go to rehab, I said no, no, no..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They tried to make me go to rehab, I said no, no, no..

So my friends and I were bar hopping last night, and we ended up at some little rock themed bar where everyone appeared to be stoned or heavily sedated.

The band got on stage and started singing their biggest smash hits. One titled "I wanna take you to a gay bar" and the other being "I got something to stick in you".

My friend and I were trying to get the attention of the bartender, who looked just as stoned as all the customers, when this guy appeared out of nowhere and started hassling my friend. He was totally incoherent and I had no idea what the hell he was saying.

We finally got our drinks, and then he leaned over the bar, almost fell over, got his drink, and then he proceeded to run right into a pole next to the bar.

Once he realized what he did, he said "Dude, you gotta get that pole out of the way!"

So I've come to the conclusion that GK's customers all go on a weekend vacation to Wisconsin.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

MSI cover band? SWEET!
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

ok, completely but I love the song in the title...
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Actually, (again, OT) "Gay Bar" is an 'Electric Six' song.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI

The other 'song title' you listed is not a separate song, but another line from the same song.

Another one of their songs is titled, "Danger! High Voltage!" and is probably the one that most people have heard, considering it was on the soundtrack of 'Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle' and features Jack White (of White Stripes fame) on backup vocals.

Is that the band you saw? I hope not, because if so I SO hate you (and I don't even know you...lol) I would love to have them play anywhere even close enough for me to drive to, and not only do you stumble upon them at some random club, but you didn't even like their music?

Wow...looks like we accidentally switched how our nights were supposed to go.
        Last edited by icmedia; 02-17-2008, 11:35 PM.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

It was probably a local cover band....I mean, it was free to get in, so if they were high profile or something like that, I bet it would have costed a cover charge.

We just stumbled upon the bar last night because we got tired of how packed the bars by the university were getting. The bar is called Stones Throw.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X