Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're so stupid, 'cause your from the U.S.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, I hate the American/Canadian rivalry that gets going sometimes. Playfully it's fine, I've been known to harass a few tourists myself, but if they get offended, I /always/ apologize and explain, and usually they play along instead. I've seen this exact thing happen up here, too. "Well, you Canadians may have more land, but we've got the bombs it takes to nuke the whole thing, so watch out. Because all it takes is a call to the president.."

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      What part of AR are you in? ... The only other place would be Hot Springs (which is rather lovely) or Little Rock if you were a big Clinton fan and wanted to go to the Presidential library.
      If you go to the Clinton library, be sure to keep one thing in mind: It's considered bad form to rip out the centerfolds (just like it's considered bad form to colour the pictures when you go to the George W. Bush Presidential library).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I also apologize on behalf of my adopted nation.

To SCC:

"Can you come out and check the oil in my truck? I could use a dip-stick."
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
          exeunt scc
          There were more?
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Just goes to show, there are asshats in all nationalities.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth bedwards87 View Post

I am a proud American and I would never stand for someone from another country calling me inferior to them just because of my nationality.
              And you should be proud of where you come from. I don't care what country someone's from, you need to appropriately say why you don't like Country X, and you need to back that up properly too. This applies to the people from Country X too. You are not immune to stupidity, but you can stop it dead in its tracks.
              "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

I would have looked at her and said, "¿Qué? Siento. ¿Cómo dice "pendaja bruja" en inglés?

Frikin' Evil, man. And I don't think you're sorry young lady.

This is why I speak more than one language!

It just pays to be nice, and sometimes, it also gets you happy customers because they can`t understand Engrish.
                "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

all i can think of is... "yep she's so SUPERIOR she got kicked out of a grocery store"
                  which also proves how smart she is too.

Comment

I can see being proud of your country, but unprovoked yelling and screaming of superiority is uncalled for.

but please, tell us what happened when your manager revealed himself to be Canadian? was it a face of anger, surprise or one of being struck by a frying pan (mix of anger, surprise, pain and confusion)?

Comment

Maybe she was one of those snooty french canadians?

*flashes "Honorary Canadian" credentials*

Sorry, I had to.

Anyway, this woman was a steaming pile of infectious human waste and sadly, there are others like her of every shape, size, color, creed, age, sex, and nationality. On the other hand, I have met really awesome people in all of the above catagories as well, and they outnumber the bad apples.
                      I'll admit I'm an angry person, and when I'm really not in the mood you can tell when I walk in the room, but I do my best to keep it to myself and have never taken it out on a complete stranger.
                      And people call ME degenerate for having long hair! HRMPH!
                      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                        Becky, Make sure it's a Canadian shredder, since she's superior and all.
                        I'll take that into consideration.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Lemme guess at the Milwaukee station: WTMJ? That's the most powerful one.
                        Ooooooooooooh, WTMJ. Is Jeff Wagner still on?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

On behalf of all sane peoples everywhere I apologize for the Crazy Lady, she shall be fired... Out of a cannon and into the sun.

(I love that Futurama quote)
                          *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                          *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Working...
                          X