X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propane is just another word for Gas.

So is Fart.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Stupid Man!

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        There may be problems in what the outcome is but that is why people are supposed to clarify if something is looking to be misspoken.

Slices of sausages and pointing to links sounds like, to me, that she grew up with only knowing sausage as being still linked together.

But to call others dopes and to put them down for that miscommunication isn't nice nor is it fair to them.
        In that post, she actually asked for slices of sausage and when the waitress tried to clariy if she meant slices of bacon or links of sausage, that is when the lady pointed at the picture and called the links slices.

I use it as an important reminder to teach my kids to use proper terminology for things. Not cutesy funny in jokes. That way they don't sound stupid in public.
        I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
        -The Amazing E
        Zonies social group now open!

Comment

I think they woman was aking for strips of sausage. Which makes even less sense than slices.

Comment

Quoth Eben56 View Post
            Not to mention it can get confusing. If I'm using it on a GAS grill, then I would buy a GAS bottle or a GAS tank for it. No one sells Propane grills but you need a propane tank to run it. I'm so confused.
            Propane is the type of gas that's used for a gas grill.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
              I think they woman was aking for strips of sausage. Which makes even less sense than slices.
              Oh yeah! That is it. I had been checking the past postings and couldn't find it. Thank you for the catch on that.
              I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
              -The Amazing E
              Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Staying OT firstly... personally, I've never noticed much of a difference in accents across our cities. Attitudes - yes, accents - no. And I work in a call centre that will mostly deal with... Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, a few Bris-vegas-ites, a few from Adelaide, and the places all in between. Plus a few tourists...

Back to the whole issue - yeah - you drive into a servo asking to 'fill' your 'gas tank' - you'd expect it to be LPG for the car - especially since it's been around for - oh - a couple of decades now?? I'd be surprised if they 'fill' a propane tank, rather than swap'n'go though... Hat??

Slyt
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                  I'd be surprised if they 'fill' a propane tank, rather than swap'n'go though... Hat??
                  We're one of the few that still do, but we have swap'n'go too.

Comment

I had the same problem with a guy who told me "Give me an Orange Absolut". I took this to mean, give me an orange flavored Absolute vodka, which we don't have. So I gave him Orange Stoli, a flavored vodka we do have. Turns out he wanted a screwdriver, orange juice and vodka. Why didn't he say so! Say Absolut IN orange juice, not orange Absolut please.
                    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Working...
                    X