This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    personally I just want to find a two piece that the bottom isn't below my belly button and hipbones. When did two piece become "barely covering privates"?
    Some time in the '70's.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      TJ Maxx went up to 8 at a time
      Not in Ireland anyway!

SweetMimura- it's like you're me! We had the audacity to close our fitting rooms 10 minutes before closing today, despite the fact it was plain to see that there was 7 rails (the big type!), the chairs and the counter were piled high with stuff yet to be hung, and there was 2 sacks of customer service refunds also in plain view. I'm going to be reported to management, the same management that told me to close the fitting rooms. There's others who will swear and curse and shout, the best example was the time the lights in the fitting rooms went out an hour before closing, so they had to be closed for health and safety reasons. Did that stop customers going mad, of course not. How are they supposed to SEE the clothes in pitch dark??

Comment

Quoth StarsAreFixed View Post
        ...the best example was the time the lights in the fitting rooms went out an hour before closing, so they had to be closed for health and safety reasons. Did that stop customers going mad, of course not. How are they supposed to SEE the clothes in pitch dark??
        How dare you show concern for their welfare?! Some people act completely put out when we ask them to leave because of a fire alarm, I think they'd rather burn to death than have to leave their items for a few minutes.

Comment

Middle - where do you work? (PM me if you want!)

I'm desperately looking for one more bathing suit for vacation next week - or at least a tankini top that will go with my plain black bottoms. My mom and I hit something like 7 stores in an hour total of shopping - and every single suit I tried on was returned to the sales floor in the right place or hung on the fitting room racks, correctly on the hangers. I *have never* and *will never* understand what the problem is for those other SCs! It's not that flipping hard!

Oh yeah, didn't find one suit worth buying!

Although we took about 5 carts out of the parking lots and returned them to the corral or the store entrance - my other major pet peeve for the day!

The last "lady?" At least she's not currently gestating another SC!

Comment

personally I just want to find a two piece that the bottom isn't below my belly button and hipbones. When did two piece become "barely covering privates"?
            Urban Outfitters This catalog seems to have more than a few selections that have higher waists for bikinis. I also Googled 'vintage bikinis' and quite a few places came up. Hope you can find one you like!

As to the OP, holy brain bleach. I've never been a fan of those 'safety liners' in bathing suits because, well, unless it's changed for every single person that tries them on, why is that so different from contact against the fabric?

Think there's any way bathing suit companies or the stores themselves could be convinced to send extra liners to give to customers as they go in to try things on?

That and I'd pondered about requiring a credit card number before people were allowed in a fitting room. I know there would be hellacious fussing but if it's already a LP matter, stolen and/or damaged items either wouldn't happen so often or would get paid for automatically. I know that won't happen though.

I'm not a fan of fitting rooms as a customer because of how others treat them like they're free for all dumping grounds. I'm still in denial of how it was when I worked in a clothing store, long long ago.
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

I rarely try to use fitting rooms...on one hand, I know my body, I know my size, and I can usually guess right about whether or not something will fit on me. On the rare occasion that I do take something to a fitting room, it's probably a pair of jeans, I know it fits, and I just want to make sure it's a loose fit (I hate tight jeans ). On the rare occasion that I picked up the wrong pair, I've surprised at least 5 people by walking up and asking them if the pair looked folded correctly...and re-trying if they didn't.

One patient soul watched me try and fail 6 times (I don't fold my stuff often I'm a low-rent kinda guy) before mercifully showing me her tricks for doing it. I forgot how it worked, but she was amazed that I showed that much interest in saving her some crap work.
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

No kidding. I decided to buy a bikini for inspiration (got a cruise in January, the gym is my second home now) and there was almost nothing that wasn't either overwhelmingly skimpy or didn't fit. I gave in and special-ordered one, but it was worthwhile on acct that it actually fit where it needed to.

And fitting room sufferers - drinks are on me and this is why I almost never go to the fitting rooms until/unless I have to.
                Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Comment

Quoth SweetMimura View Post
                  We close our fitting rooms 15 minutes before the shop closes and put the clothing rails across the entrance to stop people from coming in, but you still get people ducking through and then acting surprised when you tell them it's closed. What do they think, we put rails in their way to give them a bit of a challenge?
                  I do that as well, ten minutes before we shut the bar goes across, sign goes up & alarm goes on (in screech mode).
                  It ticks me off no end when I just watch Sc's walk past me like I'm invisible and take the bar off because the Sorry it's closed sign doesn't apply to them.
                  Although it is funny to watch them jump when the alarm goes off
                  Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Working...
                  X