Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're so stupid, 'cause your from the U.S.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's funny is that last weekened the atmosphere was being strange because I turned on the radio and hit the scan button and found myself, here in Southern Indiana, picking up several French-speaking stations on the FM! I think one was CBC French because it was simulcasting talk on 96.5 and 102.1. I also picked up 97.7 playing classic rock and knew it was Canadian because they were playing a song by the Payola$, a Canadian group that gets very little airplay in the states. There was also French talking on 95.7 and 103.7. After about 45 minutes all the stations faded out for good.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
      What's funny is that last weekened the atmosphere was being strange because I turned on the radio and hit the scan button and found myself, here in Southern Indiana, picking up several French-speaking stations on the FM! I think one was CBC French because it was simulcasting talk on 96.5 and 102.1. I also picked up 97.7 playing classic rock and knew it was Canadian because they were playing a song by the Payola$, a Canadian group that gets very little airplay in the states. There was also French talking on 95.7 and 103.7. After about 45 minutes all the stations faded out for good.
      In southern NJ I've gotten radio stations from Boston, Lansing, Michigan, Milwaukee, and Albany, New York. Becky, Make sure it's a Canadian shredder, since she's superior and all.

Comment

Canadian tourists come in 2 flavors. Polite and sorta shy and obnoxious assholes who should be deported. I don't know what tourist opportunities there are for Canadians in Arkansas but for couple of years we were inundated with bitchy Canadians.

Comment

I'm sorry but I wouldn't have even waited for a manager. I would have told her to get the f out of the store before I shove my inferior shoe up her superior @$$.

I am a proud American and I would never stand for someone from another country calling me inferior to them just because of my nationality.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
            In southern NJ I've gotten radio stations from Boston, Lansing, Michigan, Milwaukee, and Albany, New York. Becky, Make sure it's a Canadian shredder, since she's superior and all.
            Lemme guess at the Milwaukee station: WTMJ? That's the most powerful one.

My old AM radio (AM because the FM antenna got busted off long ago and thus won't pick up anything) occasionally picks up stations from places like Minneapolis/St. Paul, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and some Chicago stations come in clear as a bell.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I just re-read the OP:

HOLY MACKEREL, 63 ITEMS IN AN EXPRESS LANE!!??

Instant automatic fail, and I would tell her without hesitation to go to another lane.

But only because I'm not one of those idiots who thinks it's good customer service to please one imbecile and piss off 4 good customers while doing so.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                Have you considered printing (and possibly selling) call-center bingo cards? It would be a hot item!
                I want a call center bingo card!

I find this very odd because the nicest people I've ever come across were Canadians. That's part of the reason as why I want to go there so badly. (That and I speak Canadian French well)
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Who goes to a foreign country and starts that stuff? Honestly. She's lucky she didn't go to a spot that had enthusiastically patriotic people. That could have gotten really nasty, really fast.
                  "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                    I don't know what tourist opportunities there are for Canadians in Arkansas but for couple of years we were inundated with bitchy Canadians.
                    What part of AR are you in? Northwest? That seems to be a tourist-y mecca - Eureka Springs, Fayetteville, University of Walmart (I keed, I keed). The only other place would be Hot Springs (which is rather lovely) or Little Rock if you were a big Clinton fan and wanted to go to the Presidential library.

Other than that . I love my home state, but I'm not sure why someone would travel that far to see it.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I work in Fort Smith. Not much to see maybe they were just passing thru to Hot Spings or something. By the way most of them acted they hadn't got out of the car since they left Nova Scotia.

Comment

Salted Grump, "twatwaffle" is my new favorite insult! God, I'm still laughing over that one.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                          Salted Grump, "twatwaffle" is my new favorite insult! God, I'm still laughing over that one.
                          You're welcome. I try to use my power of Verbal Bitchslappery for the side of good, but on occasion, my Evil side rears its head and lets slip the Sewermouth of All Hades.

Comment

How many remember "WKRP in Cincinatti"? This thread is reminding me of a character on there named Les Nesman. He was always suspicious that Canada was trying to invade.

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                            I also would've demanded that a manager come over long before the CSM did. Because I'd be fuming mad about this raving bitch and her giant cartload of goods in the 10 items or less lane.
                            Exactly! Neverminding the "I'm superior" crap, I get so damned annoyed when people get in the express lane with way more than the X number of items. I probably would have been jawing at her about it, too!

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                            Dude if I were the cashier, I would've adopted a horrible fake over slackjawed alabama accent and gone "Durr wutcha talkin bout? I dun know count change how I do?" and just stalled her to piss her off. and I wonder why I can only last 2 weeks per retail job anymore, I'm just plain mean back.
                            I would have looked at her and said, "¿Qué? Siento. ¿Cómo dice "pendaja bruja" en inglés?

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                            You're welcome. I try to use my power of Verbal Bitchslappery for the side of good, but on occasion, my Evil side rears its head and lets slip the Sewermouth of All Hades.
                            "Cry havoc! And let slip the Sewermouth of All Hades!"
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Ugh. It means absolutely nothing to say "Canadians are superior to Americans," or vice-versa. Well, it means one is brain-dead. It means nothing to me to say "I am Canadian" or "I am American." For cripes sakes, there are 34 million Canadians. So what could it possibly mean to say anything about one individual living on one particular side of one particular line in the sand? Living in Washington state, I could say that I have 1000 things more in common with someone living in say Banf or Vancouver than someone in New Orleans or West Virginia. That anonymous person is just as "foreign" as someone in Belgium.

However, since my husband is from Quebec, and I lived in Montreal for four years, I've seen the light, and this "nationality" thing is meaningless to me. Canada and the US. And Mexico. Three masses of land under the control of three systems all in North America. Does that mean anything about the individuals living there? NO.

Sorry that's farkworthy, but I didn't bring it up. However, rude people (yes, customers) won't stop obsessing about these lines in the dirt meaning something serious about someone's mother, or brother, or beloved husband.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                                What upsets me is a work environment where not you, not a CSM, but an actual MANAGER has to come over and be insulted before the offending party is thrown out. I work in WM myself, and though I like the job and the people okay, the corporate BS that makes us everyone's doormat needs to go. That horrible conversation went on way too long.
                                Amen. I also work for the Corporate Smiley Face. I've had customers insult me in front of two assistant managers who did nothing. Why? Because it wasn't them being insulted. Now, if the customer had insulted one of the assistants, customer would be out on their ass (or so the a.m.'s said). It makes me very angry. I just love being called a C*** or Bitch in front of my ass. managers because I won't run across the street to the other grocery store and get the psycho the kind of cupcakes they prefer. Hell, the managers didn't even tell the customer to stop insulting me!
                                "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
                                George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X