This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the little snot said loudly, "Thanks for the beer, mom!"
    Maybe the kid did that on purpose to yank your chain, because he knew you could hear him...?

Vending machines: There used to be a dairy company here that had milk vending machines all over the place. For a while there was even one right on the corner of my old street. I went down there once to get milk, on Halloween. Put in my quarters. Out comes one quart...two quarts...three quarts....four quarts...Meanwhile I was smacking the machine with my fist trying to get it to stop. Ended up with a gallon of milk for the cost of one quart. I figured the machine was haunted, since it was October 31st...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      I figured the machine was haunted, since it was October 31st...
      So would that make the machine go "Booooo...." or "Moooooo...."?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Yes, if there is a legitimate suspicion of the alcohol being bought for an underaged person, I can see refusing the sale, but I have heard (and seen) too many horror stories of of-age people being refused alcohol sales simply because they happened to be with or be accompanied by someone who was underage. Many times, a little common sense on the part of the clerk would have gone a long way, but sadly, there have been many times when this was just not on display.
        I can remember my mother being refused a creme de menthe parfait one time in about 1972ish because it was the alcohol version not the kiddy version when she and I went out for lunch once ... I was 11 or so. As if I would drive the car
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

You got to love it though when you see a group of teenaged guys drive up, then enter the store one by one to see if ONE of them will pass the "looks old enough to buy alcohol/tobacco" test. What they don't realize is that I can see them through the giant floor to ceiling windows and know they are all together, so I refuse them all and I would still refuse them even if one of them was above age because of their little scheme to try to trick me into selling them those cheap ass 79 cent cigarillos.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

And THAT is why we got smarter in college than we were in high school. Rather than chance the store not selling because someone in the group was underage, we would send one of the of-age people on our beer run, paying him for gas and paying for a six pack for him for his trouble. We never walked in the store, the store never saw any underaged people, and he got a free six pack. Everyone was happy!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              And THAT is why we got smarter in college than we were in high school. Rather than chance the store not selling because someone in the group was underage, we would send one of the of-age people on our beer run, paying him for gas and paying for a six pack for him for his trouble. We never walked in the store, the store never saw any underaged people, and he got a free six pack. Everyone was happy!
              Exactly! Some people these days are idiots.
              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Well, you can *legally* get around this (an adult buying alcohol for a minor) in Louisiana, but not if you're dumb enough to actually bring the younger person into the store WITH you >_>
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X