Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Becks View Post
    You're not a bastard. Unless I'm wrong in assuming that your parents were married when you were born.

You're an evil, evil, EVIL man, and I can't wait for a time when I can pelt you with snowballs.
    YA beat me to it IRV

I WILL somehow find a good portable freezer AND the money to travel down there and somehow GET him (Jester) with a good ol slushball

well it started to snow/rain/snizzle/what the fuck ever up here about 7 or 8 am this morning aftrer raining ALL Fracking night (the sump pump is just NOW stopping)

driving tonight was not all that bad. the ground was covered but the streets reamained relatively driveable but the 2 snowflake law was in full effect tonight ie. 2 snowflakes fall and the phones light up for hours on end as if there is no other food available but PIZZA
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 11-10-2011, 08:02 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      (by the by, I'm typinb this on my android phone as a test. So forgive any typos I may have made as a result of my fingers being too fat and I need to obtain a special typing wand or something. )
      Have a look for Swype, it more or less solves the fat fingered typing problem

Weather can't make its mind up this side of the pond, its warm, then cold, then wet, then windy. We were predicted lots of snow for October but didn't see any.
      All my berry bearing plants are loaded though, so they're either confused or something majorly wintery is going to happen!
      Last edited by Cazzi; 11-10-2011, 08:12 AM. Reason: oops, forgot to finish post
      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Admittedly we do sometimes get some wet weather in Summer, but it's rare.

Also a tip for newbies to smartphones: use your FINGERS. Not your thumbs
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I suspect that there are enough northerners, humourists and just plain nuts here we could arrange for this plane Evergreen 747 Supertanker to pay Jester a visit after orbiting at Angels 30 or so for a few hours for the tanks to chill out.

Hey, Jester! Heard your bar was smokin', so we took precautions.
          Last edited by dalesys; 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

In my corner of the world it's 45F, cloudy, windy, and foggy. It's rather like living inside a Castlevania game and I'm just as pleased as punch about that. I'm a big, big fan of gloom, and I love it when the weather gets all Gothic on me -- and it frequently does around here with weather like this in the winter and delightful storms in the summer.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Been lucky that here in Ohiolandia it has been unseasonably warm. In fact, I am still mowing grass. I should not have to be mowing grass in November.
              Bet you're not saying that right now, my friend.

My patio has little bits of ice on it from when it rained last night. I know, I know...not a huge deal, but (like Myt said) it was unseasonably warm up until yesterday. Like in the high 60s. In Ohio. In November.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

We avoided the big one.

I was livid that Sunday night/Monday morning they were already putting us under Winter Storm Warnings and calling for first 2-4 inches then 6+ (well, the winter storm under just a few inches really bothered me, that's no storm). Thankfully, it was pretty obvious watching radar Tuesday into Wednesday that it was not going to hit us.

Yesterday morning, there was snow covering cars and grass, but not enough to do anything and it was really wet and sloppy, not slippery.

Thank you God, thank you SO MUCH that we did not get the 14 inches that some areas got, or even the 4 inches LaCrosse got, or even the 2 inches that just to the east of this city got.

WHEW!

The weather guy, Wednesday evening......looked so butthurt, it was not even funny. Almost pouting on live TV about it. Fuck off, asshole. There will be plenty, plenty, plenty more snow to get people riled up about later.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's a bit chillier in my part of Florida than in Jester's, but not too much, yet. We'll get a bigger cooldown in the actual winter months. (No snow, though...with the possible exception of VERY brief flurries that barely reach the ground.) I grew up in New Jersey so I've had my share of the nasty stuff, TYVM.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    It's a bit chillier in my part of Florida than in Jester's, but not too much, yet. We'll get a bigger cooldown in the actual winter months. (No snow, though...with the possible exception of VERY brief flurries that barely reach the ground.) I grew up in New Jersey so I've had my share of the nasty stuff, TYVM.
                    That's funny because my mom is in Ocala, FL, and it was 39 at 7am this morning. I am in Ohio, and it was 43 at 7am this morning. Totally crazy!
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      That's funny because my mom is in Ocala, FL, and it was 39 at 7am this morning. I am in Ohio, and it was 43 at 7am this morning. Totally crazy!
                      Yeah, when it gets that cold down my way and I see it's warmer where some of my more northerly friends are, I MUST point it out Ocala is definitely one of the colder parts of FL in the winter...it's both interior (i.e. far from the ocean/gulf) and relatively far north in the state. If we include it in the "Central Florida" area, as some around here do, it tends to be the coldest part. In summer it probably gets pretty hot there - again, interior, away from sea breezes - but it's also heavily forested so there's lots of shade. Nice place.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I was, probably a lot like Jester today. I was wearing shorts, outside, enjoying the awesome November 12th weather. It was 63 today here in central Minnesota, and it was amazing. It probably was 15 degrees warmer in Jesterland, though.

I guess that wasn't a F-U mother nature. It was a thank you mother nature post.

Here's a few pics from outside.

Last edited by Victory Sabre; 11-17-2011, 02:21 PM.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Let's see now... We had a high of about 60F today, and it's 50 right now
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Today, for the powerboat races, I was out on a catamaran drinking beer in shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. Since it's been windy and a bit chilly lately, I had a second t-shirt with me in case it got too breezy on the boat. November, ya know.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Today, for the powerboat races, I was out on a catamaran drinking beer in shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. Since it's been windy and a bit chilly lately, I had a second t-shirt with me in case it got too breezy on the boat. November, ya know.
                              The wind is actually what gets to me. It can be cold out, and not windy, and I don't really mind. Once the wind kicks up, the cold goes right through me and I'm absolutely miserable.

Comment

And meanwhile, at 60 degrees North latitude, the evening air is nice and crisp and cheerful. It's been an exceptionally warm Autumn, so we're just getting the first frosts of the impending winter. No snow yet except in the far north of the country.

The frost did mean that I finally had to change tha battery in my outdoor thermometer remote. Batteries don't like cold much, and these were already about 2 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X