This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
    Nora Roberts: She actually lives in Maryland. I have met her on several occasions. She is nice and gorgeous and so genuine.
    I have to ask, did you actually meet Nora Roberts, or J.D. Robb?
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Most of the celebs that I have met (not that I have met many) are or were Redskins players, it kind of came with the territory where I grew up, most of them were pretty average people, none of them really stick out in my mind as being particularly mean or exceptionally nice (but where i grew up most people were pretty polite and well mannered).

The only celebrity who I have met that left a distinctive mark was Ty Pennington, who was pretty much a sketchy jerk-face. I was visiting some friends in Blacksburg and he was at a bar my friends happen to frequent. He kept hitting on the tree of us and trying to buy us drinks, even though two of us were 20 and told him so. Apparently we were "lame" and "didn't know how to have a good time" for turning down drinks. Eventually he moved on to a different group of girls who looked like freshmen.

Hubby met Paul Giamatti while he was an extra a while back. Giamatti was a great guy and was very cordial with everyone from the extras to the food service people, he was also more than a bit odd.

Comment

I shook hands with Alexi Laiho, Roope Latvala and Henkka T. Blacksmith, respectively lead, rhythm and bass guitar players for Children of Bodom, as they were signing the liner notes to my favorite album. Didn't have much time to chat, but I was able to notice that Henkka was pretty boozed up
        Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie
          I shook hands with Alexi Laiho, Roope Latvala and Henkka T. Blacksmith, respectively lead, rhythm and bass guitar players for Children of Bodom, as they were signing the liner notes to my favorite album. Didn't have much time to chat, but I was able to notice that Henkka was pretty boozed up
          Speaking of metal: my boyfriend met Otep. He was throughly impressed by her and got a pic with her. Boy was I jealous when he told me. :P
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I've met a few bands back when I went to concerts regularly. The guys from MEST, Hawthorne Heights, and Brian Littrell from the backstreet boys. One meet was a funny yet kind of embarrassing.

I met Micha from Hawthorne Heights when they opened for MEST about 10 or so years ago. I was with a friend and we were commenting on how pink his lips were. We didn't know he was sitting on the bar behind us and he popped up next to us, with a big grin on his face and started chatting us up. I went as pink as his lips. LOL He tried to get me to detour down to Columbus on my way back from P.A. to catch their show the next night.

Same night we got to meet Tony from MEST and it was like 25 degrees outside and he was all huddled up in a hoodie zipped up to his forehead practically. I was in a short sleeve shirt and he looked at me said "You're fucking crazy! Where's your coat?!" When I told him I was actually warm he just looked at me like I'd grown a second head.

Comment

I haven't met too many famous people...I've probably talked to more of them on the phone since taking calls for High End Home Store

Jester - Carrot Top is from these parts and I've heard stories about him...so I totally believe he's an ass in person.

When I was a kid, actor Greg Evigan (most famous for BJ and the Bear and My Two Dads) lived next door to me in New Jersey. His whole family was great (parents and younger sister too). He was already in his early 20s when I really got to know him, just before he went out to Hollywood to star in a very short lived sitcom called "A Year At The Top" with a then-equally unknown Paul Shaffer of David Letterman fame. He was always a really great person to talk to and he'd always stop and say hello when he came home to visit. Eventually his parents moved out to California also, as I think his sister had by then...so it's been a long time.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

My brush with celebrity is fairly minor compared to some of these stories. In my case, I've taken writing classes at college from two fairly well-known speculative fiction authors, Dave Wolverton (aka David Farland) and Brandon Sanderson. Hubby was also pretty good friends with Sanderson before he and I got married. Both authors are very nice people.

That's about it for me, though.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  I have to ask, did you actually meet Nora Roberts, or J.D. Robb?
                  Yes!

I've met her husband. (Really nice guy). And I think I spied one or both of her sons at the pizzeria they own (which is catty corner to the inn she & her husband own in Boonesboro).

I've taken a few createive writing courses taught by Robert aka Bob Bausch. One of his novels, Almighty Me (about a guy named Chet who is a used car salesman is given God's powers - by God himself) was actually bought by Disney, but is sat languishing about, and then Jim Carrey found a languishing script about a guy with God's powers and turned it into a movie ... Coincidence? Maybe.

I forgot to mention I met Kevin Sorbo at Gen*Con back in 2007. This was after he had had his stroke. (Didn't knw it at the time). He was really super nice, funny, gorgeous(!), and told my husband that even though I agreed to go to Gen*Con he still needed to take me on a cruise.
                  And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Actually I forgot that I did meet Adam Savage (of mythbuster fame) at Dragon Con. *laughs* He was awesome enough to take a picture of his fans! (For his records is what he claimed). Got an autograph, and a couple of pictures with him. The pictures sadly are lost to time.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

When I worked at an arena, I met numerous bands, from Pantera to Sammy Hagar, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Godspmack, Green Day, Perfect Circle, AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, Slipknot (without masks), ICP, 50 Cent w/ Eminem...it ran the gauntlet. Most were nice, some were odd...lol

Oh, and of course the "famous" family from Wasilla Alaska, met them all.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                        Brandon Sanderson.
                        Quoth Mytical View Post
                        Actually I forgot that I did meet Adam Savage
                        eeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

<fangirls>

<touches both of you>

<dances off cackling madly> NEVER WASHING THIS HAND AGAIN
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Man, I wish I could meet Adam Savage.

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          eeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

<fangirls>

<touches both of you>

<dances off cackling madly> NEVER WASHING THIS HAND AGAIN
                          ::giggles:: You're too funny, Seraph.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                          X