X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost had a bad day

Strike 1

Angry homeless lady came in demanding a cup of ice for her bottle of soda she bought down the street.

I got it for her, and was polite throughout, but she was still angry from the time she came in. Became outright livid that I would charge her for the cup (which we only do when they don't make any other purchase). It totaled to 20 cents.

Now, I know she's homeless. She's one of the maybe three homeless people in town. But 20 cents is not an unreasonable amount to ask for so have the soda you brought in from somewhere else cold.

Strike 2

Had a small flock of 14 year old girls of the Paris Hilton persuasion come in and order an "Olivia Wrap" and look at me like I'm stupid for not knowing what they're talking about.

We're mostly a Coffee Shop, but we do have a small list of sandwiches and wraps that we make. Not only is "Olivia Wrap" not on that list, but it turns out that it's something one of their friends (apparently named Olivia) made up.

I have nothing against customizing your order. But to come up with a name for your creation and then look at me like I'm stupid for not understanding is just wrong.

Foul Ball

A couple girls from the nearby Job Corp started to complain loudly about our ice cream cup sizes being too small. Then they saw the actual size of the scoops and immediately changed their tune, sounding amazed at how much ice cream they got. They even left a tip, so they weren't too sucky.

Saved! Homerun at the last moment! (to keep up the baseball analogy)

Boss made me dinner!

And he didn't just throw together something from amongst the sandwich supplies!

Grilled Ahi Tuna (just barely grilled because he knows I like my sushi) with risotto and asparagus. My first time having risotto, too which led to a reenactment of the scene from Notting Hill:

Me: There's something wrong with this rice.
    Boss: It's not rice, it's risotto.
    Me: Oh, well then it's pretty good.
    Flood

Haha...sorry, I much rather lurk then post, but it's posts like these that make me happy that I registered. I couldn't stop laughing at the "Olivia Wrap." I can just imagine those dumb girls thinking to themselves before they go in the shop. "Like, OMG! You know that wrap that Olivia's mom always makes, that's like, sooooo good! Let's, like, ask for one! ahaha!!"
    "I am the me I choose to be"
    -Sydney Poitier
    I (love) "The Office"
    "This month we're having a special on cardstock."
    -Jim Halpert

Comment

I'll have an "Olivia Wrap" & a cup of ice please....lol.

Comment

I snickered at the "Olivia Wrap" and became curious at what was in it. Probably something insanely finicky, right?

But I lol'd at the risotto bit.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Olivia clearly thinks much of herself. XD

Comment

My older son is now hooked on risotto. It's one of my top ten. Lundberg Farms makes packaged risotto mix that cooks up really easily and comes out much better and faster than if I did it from scratch.

And Ahi tuna? I love your boss.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I love risotto. My husband makes fantastic risotto with chicken and pancetta, mmmmm. Its the best thing about autumn for me, really- risotto season again !
              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
              - Dave Barry

Comment

Somebody better tell Olivia and her friends/entourage/future backstabbers that she apparently is NOT famous enough to have the world know that there is a wrap named for her.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Think I just died a little bit inside.

A woman just called up to place a togo order. She wanted two wraps and sounded a little confused when transcribing the specifications of these from the young girl that was near her.

As she started describing the wraps, I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Olivia wraps?" I've begun thinking in their terms. I fear for my soul.

For those wondering, an Olivia Wrap is nothing more than Lettuce, Cucumber, Swiss Cheese, and Italian dressing served in a Green Wrap. Another of my coworkers calls them Green Nothings on account of how the end result looks very much like we just rolled up the wrap and forgot to put anything in them.
                  Flood

Comment

Working...
                  X