X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth WHShit View Post
    C "Now, I need another book on tape, Dr. Who"
    My response would have been "which one?" (are any of the actual books in audio format, or are they all audio plays? I thought the latter...)
    A "I'm sorry, it looks like we don't have any Dr. Who"

C "Are you kidding me"? "How could you NOT have any Dr. Who, it is a popular show"!
    I'm hunting for the "older" (2004-ish) BBC Books paperbacks right now, it seems strange that they would go out of print so quickly (that's what I've been told). I would think that new fans would want to pick up some of the earlier stuff.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Publishers decide what can become bestsellers. If they don't think a book will have enough demand, they just don't publish a whole lot. So even great books may never be bestsellers, because there just aren't enough copies in print.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Publishers decide what can become bestsellers. If they don't think a book will have enough demand, they just don't publish a whole lot. So even great books may never be bestsellers, because there just aren't enough copies in print.
        Sorta true. But one of the joys of publishing is that you can always publish more if the demand is there.

The demand is easier to get if there are more copies around, especially if they're on endcaps or tables and the like, but the early Pratchett books didn't have huge print runs the first time through.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          My response would have been "which one?" (are any of the actual books in audio format, or are they all audio plays? I thought the latter...)
          I actually listened to my first book on tape ever today, and it was The Stone Rose, a Doctor Who book read by David Tennant. ( ::lovestruck sigh:: ) It's pleasant to listen to his Scottish accent. But yep, they do have DW books in audio format.

Comment

They also sell audio recordings of Doctor Who TV episodes that no longer exist. The soundtrack still exists but a lot of filming from the 60s was destroyed.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
            X