This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hauntedheadnc: Towel Psychic!

This is a minor rant, and a minor problem especially considering the racist s.o.b. I had to deal with yesterday, but a woman I checked in a couple of hours ago has been busily finding fault with her room ever since she got in.

She does not, however, want to move to another room nor to another property, and her husband says the room is fine. She has a problem with the door and says it won't shut properly, but her other main complaint is one I have heard before and it gets on my nerves after a while.

"There are three people in this room and there are only enough towels for two. You really should put enough towels in the rooms for everyone!"

Yes. Yes we should. We'll get right on that. Never mind that we set the rooms up for two people, with three towels, two washcloths, two hand towels, and one bathmat. Never mind that we have no idea how many people will be staying in any given room until a party checks in, and never mind that there is usually only one person on the desk on duty at any given time. I will make the people behind you wait while I run to the room I just assigned you, fending you off with a stiff forearm if I have to, to keep you from entering the room, until I have stocked it with enough towels for everyone in your group.

Or better yet, I can stock the rooms ahead of time with enough towels for three, four, five, or more! I'm psychic! I know how many people will be staying in a room before they even arrive! I can predict when a family that includes a mom and three daughters, all with long hair, will arrive, needing eight towels for the women alone. I also know when we're going to get one of those people who seem to have some sort of bizarre fetish that compels them to take a shower every fifteen minutes, and need a fresh towel every time.

And here's the best news of all: I'm working on developing my psychic powers to the point that I can be not only towel psychic, but pillow psychic as well!

As Dot from MadTV once said, "With Jesus and black magic on my side, I couldn't go wrong!"
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I was all by myself in my hotel last weekend, and I started off with 2 sets of towels. When I got back from exploring beautiful downtown Newport, RI, on Saturday afternoon, I had 2 fresh sets of towels on the towel bar and another 2 towels and washcloths folded neatly on the bathroom counter. Wow!

If I knew I could have sent my extras down to your place
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

But you didn't know because you're not a .... towel psychic!

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
        But you didn't know because you're not a .... towel psychic!
        This is true...I may be a towel psychotic, though...

Comment

Don't feel bad I once got reamed out by a woman over my "big mistake". Apparently there were four people staying there and only (gasp) three towels. After all we put a towel for every person who stays in the room because we should just automatically know.
          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Maybe you should get little dry erase boards to put on the doors and you can write the number of people in the room...kinda like how Old Navy does in their fitting rooms to write the number of items on (in some stores, at least).

Comment

These SCs need to shut the hell up.

I bring my own towels.

No offense to our hotel/motel workers, but the towels provided are too small for my liking.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                No offense to our hotel/motel workers, but the towels provided are too small for my liking.
                I agree, but I use beach blankets as my everyday towels. A regular bath towel just doesn't wrap around well enough.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                  I agree, but I use beach blankets as my everyday towels. A regular bath towel just doesn't wrap around well enough.
                  EXACTLY. I'm using a towel to dry off as much of myself as possible at one time.

Why don't they make bath towels beach towel size?

Wait...some companies might be starting to do that. My newest bath towel is pretty big. It rocks.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

bath sheets. that's the biggest size towels.

Comment

whenever i move i'm getting some bath sheets. though my towels at home are fairly big...don't think my mom'll let me take them with me though

Comment

These SCs need to shut the hell up.

I bring my own towels.

We've learned that if you provide decent towels, people will just steal them, so we stick with what sticks around after the guests leave.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                          We've learned that if you provide decent towels, people will just steal them, so we stick with what sticks around after the guests leave.
                          Understandable AND makes sense.

Sooooooooooo, I just bring along my biggest towel that I have at home. No prob.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Understandable AND makes sense.
                            But...

Isn't that not allowed?
                            I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth TrainedChimp View Post
                              But...

Isn't that not allowed?
                              Usually, but in HHNC's case, we make an excepton.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X