This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not me

No way can I feel sorry for her, all the problems were caused by her own choices and actions.

Additionally, it seem that only few sucky customers can learn from their mistakes, but it takes mistakes at this level or worse to even get them to see the problems are all their fault.

Anything less and they will figure out a way to blame it all on someone else in their mind.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I have pumped gas exactly once in my life (it's against the law in NJ and it's rare I drive far out of state by myself) but even I managed to not put diesel in my car!
      Why does that law exist anyway?
      Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
      Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Camry's don't come with diesel engines? i thought i'd seen that before...

it's her own fault though, and she deserved it
        Rawr

Comment

As bad as that woman must have felt, and as much as I almost sympathize, I can't. People like her, who are in a rush and more concerned with themselves than the world around them are the reason my poor car has been hit multiple times. She learned an unfortunate, expensive lesson, but at the very least, the only person she hurt was herself, and she only hurt her pride (and her car).

Also, welcome. Good to have you, and looking forward to more stories.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth solemnwarning View Post
            I think the (real) basic idea was to have more people needing to be hired to fill positions at gas stations. I believe the legislators were trying to force more jobs into the economy.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              I think the (real) basic idea was to have more people needing to be hired to fill positions at gas stations. I believe the legislators were trying to force more jobs into the economy.
              Also a way to prevent drive-offs (though I think pre-pay would work better).
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Quoth XCashier View Post
                Also a way to prevent drive-offs (though I think pre-pay would work better).
                I remember reading somewhere(damn if I can't remember where) that the governor of NJ stated publicly that when people could be trusted to pump it themselves without farking it up and catching things on fire he might consider changing the law. What an asswit.
                I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                  I remember reading somewhere(damn if I can't remember where) that the governor of NJ stated publicly that when people could be trusted to pump it themselves without farking it up and catching things on fire he might consider changing the law. What an asswit.
                  After some of the tales on here, I'd agree with him.

Rapscallion

Comment

being a PA native, and someone who works at a gas station... the ammount of NJ people we have come in and ask us to pump gas is literally zero at my station.

Though I can't say the same for those outside my genreal area.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                      Hope this isn't too technical.
                      Nope, gave me the answer I wanted, thanks!

Comment

I started to feel bad for the woman too, until I remembered that she was about to do a drive off.
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

That is going to be a mess....all I can say is karma ... pure karma
                          Tamezin

Comment

Stupid self-absorbed woman.

I do NOT feel sorry for her.

Not in the least.

I wouldn't feel sorry for her if someone offered me $100 to.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Solemn this law comes from the 1940s when the pumps were quite abit trickier to be used, for reasons of safety with a highly flamable liquid only trained personal were to handle the gas, the law is still on the books but that may be for more union reasons now that safety

Comment

Working...
                              X