Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I hate having a big heart. It is so easily hurt. Can't sleep, can't eat.. watching my dad not able to sleep ... missing my mother. Feeling so selfish.. meh I will quit whining now.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mytical, no need to feel selfish. You need to take care of YOU, especially with your medical issues.

Do you know if there are any Social Workers available through the place where you get your medical care? If so, and if you are able to take advantage of them being there, (insurance covers, or whatever), I would contact them right away, to find out how they may be able to hopefully help you get into someplace safe, should you suddenly find yourself in a situation where Homelessness is inevitable.

With your chronic health issues, it may actually give you an advantage for some type of safe, secure, housing options, even if it's Transitional Housing, via a referral from a Medical Provider.

I was Homeless for 19 months during 2011-2012, several months in a relatively well-organized, safe, secure "Tent City", and the other part in a Transitional Shelter Program, that got me back indoors, after two back-to-back episodes of pneumonia around Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2011. I got back into Permanent Housing (non-subsidized.....those wait-lists are 3 years or more in my area), nearly a year ago, after my time in the Transitional afforded me the availability of Staff, connections to referrals for various assistance, etc. Toss in a hefty dose of Pure Luck (for once!) and help from personal friends.

Okay, trying no to go off on too much of a tangent here, I'll close by wishing you the best of luck, and suggesting you consider any and all (legitimate) offers from whomever, whatever, wherever.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, I may be able to ease some of your anxiety, by sharing more of my experience, with the bolded, large font, Caveat; YMMV.

I haven't popped into CS much recently, but will make it a point to try to check in at least once a day, so please forgive if I don't respond quickly.

Stay strong.

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Well .. I have places I CAN go, but there are issues with them. Mainly that it is with the family that pretty much treated me as a second class citizen my whole life. The remaining place I can go .. well its a two bedroom place with 7 people already living there, so it would be crowded. I've pretty much solved the 'where to go issue' now.. so that is a good thing.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Good, glad to hear it, Mytical.

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Working...
          X