This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankers box lids

I don't know if anyone else runs into this issue, but when we do our archiving, we always seem to have fewer lids than boxes. Only by 1 or 2 lids per year, so we just nab a lid from the next collection of boxes to even it out. Now, 3.5 years later, I've got 12 boxes and only 6 lids.

Does anyone know of a place that would sell just a few box lids? I asked our box supplier (in the hopes that they might just send a few my way or make an exception) but they said they can't do that.

My Google-Fu hasn't turned up any good leads, so now I thought I'd ask around.

Thanks!

The sock monster has evolved to smoke lids...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This is so bizarre, 'cause I ran into the same problem about ten years ago. Hate to tell you, I just gathered up a bunch of scrap cardboard and used one of the 'unassembled' real lids as a template, and made my own. They weren't pretty, but Office Max (or whoever) couldn't get me any more, and I didn't even think to call the manufacturer.

Comment

Manufacturer probably wouldn't be able to help. The ones I've seen, the dies are made to cut out one box and one lid at the same time, so there wouldn't be any extra lids to sell.

My experience has been that in long-term frequently-accessed storage, something will go wrong with the box itself (typically the glued seam coming unglued, or a handle tearing out). Be on the lookout for these cases which require replacing the box, and snag the lids before tossing the "dead" boxes.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X