This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sucked last night :(

I ordered pizza from my regular spot (it's like RIGHT across the street from my place, but since I have two little kids, and drivers on that one street are kamikaze crazypants drivers, I don't like to cross with the kids and try to cross back with my hands full).

I always pay by CC when I order pizza. *ALWAYS*. Last night, I may have forgotten to mention it (not sure if I did or not). Anyway, pizza guy arrives, doesn't have his little portable CC machine, and my face fell.... he said, "You're paying by credit card, aren't you?"... I sheepishly nodded. He said he'd be back in half an hour with the machine. True to his word, came back half an hour later on the dot. I felt SOOOOOO bad. I ended up giving him a $9 tip to compensate (nearly 50%).

I am le suck.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

You are so not 'le suck'

Le suck would have been to insist that you did say credit card, that it was all his fault that he forgot, and insist that you not have to pay because of the inconvenience.
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      I ordered pizza from my regular spot (it's like RIGHT across the street from my place
      <snip>. He said he'd be back in half an hour with the machine.
      Am I the only person who's wondering why it took him a half hour to run across the street? did he finsh delivering the rest of his pizzas before coming back with the machine?
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
        Am I the only person who's wondering why it took him a half hour to run across the street? did he finsh delivering the rest of his pizzas before coming back with the machine?
        Nope, crossed my mind too.
        Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
          This was probably the first of several deliveries he had with him. I think he left the pizzas so it was all good.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
            I thought of it immediately, then figured that she was probably stop #1 on his run, then was again stop #1 on his next run when he came back to imprint the card.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Besides a $9 tip makes up for a lot in my book.... unless you were ordering $90 in pizza lol.

Comment

You have a history with the company for paying with a credit card so it's the driver's fault for not having the reader - no suck

Even though it's the driver's fault for not bringing the card reader, you were calm and polite - no suck

The driver gave you the pizza's and came back when he promised with the reader and you paid - no suck

You felt bad for the poor guy and gave damn near a 50% tip - no suck

If you still need convincing, let's take this little test.

Did you do anything that made you ahsamed of yourself? I mean really ashamed to consider yourself a member of the human race and not just simply embarrassed.
                Did you do anything to make the person post about you here in this forum?
                Did you do anything that would make the people in the Pizza place refuse to do business with you or worse, doctor your food?

If you answered no to all of the above then it was simply a case of "Whoops" that ended well.

M
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

You did not suck in that scenario at all. You goofed, then made up for it by giving the guy undoubtedly his best tip of the night. I'm sure he holds you in verry high regard (I know I would) THIS is suck:

- Place a crappy pissant order for which even a 20% tip will not be worth the gas spent in driving it to you (sucky manager has stupidly low delivery minimum)

- Fail to inform us when placing order you intend to use cc

- When driver arrives (me) Get ticked off and lie saying you intended to pay with cc when you called (It was I who took your order bizskank)

- You fail by being hoplessly stupid, being this is back in the day when NO ONE sent their drivers with wireless cc machines. (least of all a g-d damn mom & pop sub shop you asinine creature of subhuman intelligence)

- Stiff driver on the tip when your dumb ass calls in to finally give your supid cc #

That my dear, is SUCK. And I experienced it multiple times in my days as a delivery driver.
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
                    yes, he did. Since I live so close, they always deliver my stuff first, and it's always piping hot. He warned me that he had eight other pizzas to deliver on that first run before he'd get back to the store, which I was fine with.

Yes, he did leave our food before taking off. Normally if it's nice out, I'll just walk across the street to pick up my pizza, but I always feel guilty for making them deliver it to me (across the STREET) so I tip well They're nice guys, the pizza is AWESOME, and it never takes more than 15 minutes or so to get my food.

I feel a bit better now... I really was wallowing in guilt, because I honestly can't REMEMBER if I asked to pay by CC or not... I pretty much always mention it, but it's entirely possible that I forgot. Either way, they know me, and they know I'm good for it, so he had no problem leaving the food and coming back. Thus the sweet tip Dude totally deserved it for having to come back to my house.
                    Last edited by tollbaby; 05-01-2008, 05:08 PM.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Your pizza place uses portable scanners

That's just silly. Especially since you're a regular, who lives right across the street.

My place just takes the card info over the phone, runs the card, and brings the receipt to sign with the delivery.
                      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                        Your pizza place uses portable scanners

That's just silly. Especially since you're a regular, who lives right across the street.

My place just takes the card info over the phone, runs the card, and brings the receipt to sign with the delivery.
                        Pizza Hut does the same, but they also take a rubbing of the card to prove physical possession, too.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X