X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official NaNoWriMo 2013 Thread

Since no one has yet started one.

This year I'm revisiting a story that's been in my head for years and that I had started to write several times, and in fact had sent bits and pieces to people here on CS for feedback. I'm starting from scratch and the plot has changed significantly, and I'm really excited about it. I've changed the job of one of my main characters to something that will actually fit in more seamlessly with the plot. He's now a paramedic, and I've just come back from Barnes and Noble, having spent too much money on a EMT/Paramedic study guide and a first aid reference. Both will help me a great deal when he is forced to respond to a major plot point (medical emergency), and hell, a first aid manual is ALWAYS useful even if I didn't need it for writing.

I seriously need to get motivated to actually write this year. I've signed up so many times, yet I've never accomplished anything. I finally have a free November aside from work and the GMAT (which I do need to study for).

Comment

I'm going to be crazy and try. Between work, a 2 month old, and a potential move (God damn it, it was supposed to have been done over the summer!), nothing could possibly go wrong, right?
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

My grades at school aren't that good, but I think I'll try...

Either my "Twilight done right" (kind of like the obsession in Silence of the Lambs), or one of my many dragon ideas.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
          I'm going to be crazy and try. Between work, a 2 month old, and a potential move (God damn it, it was supposed to have been done over the summer!), nothing could possibly go wrong, right?
          You might be a little bit insane.

I like it!

Anyone who wants to add me, can click here to view my profile and add me as a writing buddy.

Comment

I've finally finished my master's dissertation, so I'm going for it this year too! I was really excited until I realised how many words it is...and now I'm nervous...

Edit: my profile is http://nanowrimo.org/participants/ktcoe if anyone wants to add me as a buddy
            I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

I'm really not sure. I've tried a few times and done basically nothing. I have a fulltime job now, so I'd either do great or use it as an excuse to do nothing. The other issue is that, while I have a lot of fantastic settings, I don't have a story to tell in them.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I am very slow at writing (I write longhand) and will not join the NaNoWriMo site, but I intend to complete the roughdraft of a novella (the sequel to one that is up on Amazon) and finish the second round of edits for my second novel. My husband is going to try to complete a couple stories.
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I am doing my first NaNo this year *scaredexcitednervous*. I'm Mala Cat if anyone wants to add me (on my phone right now).

I'm writing the biography of my LARP character.
                  What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

I'm going to try again this year. Between my mom's death and not really knowing where the story was going, I didn't get much written last year.

This year, I've got notes written up for a story touching on religion and polyamory in an alternate history where humans have had magic for as long as they've been around. All things that I'm interested in and are much more personal for me, so I hope that it'll keep me writing. I also have a general plot, in 5 acts, outlined, so that should help, too.

Here's my profile: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/ghel
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                      This year though, I'm hoping to have something publishable by the end of November!
                      I really hope you mean "Something that can be polished into publishable shape by the end of November." If you expect to write AND edit an entire novel in a month, well, I hope you don't like sleep. Or anything else, really.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I merely hope to have a coherent story that I can share with friends.
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

I've been writing constantly through the year, so I haven't signed up for it. (And usually november seems to be when my writing slows; mainly because I've just finished something).

Over the past few years, I've been writing in a shared setting with a few other writers. SciFi/Space Opera/Space Anime themes basically. We try to keep it somewhat hard science, but rule of cool applies.

*checks Google Docs* Let's see this year I posted a story with 55k words, and a story before that with 42k words, and the story before that (Dec of 2012) had 42k words. And technically all the stories I've written so far are one big arc of sorts, other than the latest which was just a spin off.

I've got 2 more stories in the planning stages/early stages now to help move our setting into the next phase we're planning as well; though one writer does have a bit of writers block.

Comment

I won last year! For the first time ever! So now the pressure is on, for I cannot NOT win ever again.

This year I am rebelling, and instead of a novel am doing a compendium of the fantasy world that my friend and I made to write in. I have a ginormous list of topics to scribble about, so if I get stuck trying to name the ancient house of whatever, or the exact nature of magic, I can leave it and work on what peasants eat, and the history of the kingdom, and child labor laws.
                            My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

I've won for the past 3 years, so I feel like I HAVE to do it again this year too...
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                              X