Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite "I hate your guts" songs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your favorite "I hate your guts" songs?

Mine is Voltaire's When You're Dead.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

There's always the Weird Al classic, "One More Minute" -- which was supposedly written as a direct response to a really bad breakup that had happened shortly before.

For those unfamiliar, it's basically a laundry list of all of the unpleasant things the speaker would rather do than, well, spend one more minute in her presence:
    I would rather slam my fingers in a door
    Again and Again and Again and Again and Again!
    Oh, can't you see what I'm trying to say, Darlin'...
    The best part -- it's done in doo-wop love song style.
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-22-2013, 03:35 AM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"The Dickhead Song" I forget the guy's name. It's on Youtube.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At the moment it would be Shinedown with Enemies.

http://youtu.be/1FKDi-4AQUs
        πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

"Everything About You"---Ugly Kid Joe

Comment

Voltaire has some great ones; and I love Weird Al's.

Some of mine:

"You're So Vain"; I think by Carly Simon.

"So What (I'm still a rock star)" by Pink.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

The Offspring - Feelings. They seem to do a lot of songs on this general theme, but I think "Feelings" has to be the angriest.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

"Shitlist" by L7

Comment

Halestorm's "It's Not You" is a good one.
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

The Breakup Song -- The Greg Kihn Band

Bye Bye Beautiful-- Nightwish

I Hope You Die -- John Wing

All three of these are on my song rotation, and I've never even had a bad breakup.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The Interstate 95 Song (a.k.a. "The A-Hole song")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyeyVa7-EE

And this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBjhGHLQnIE
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Bad Things by Wednesday 13
                        Gives You Hell by All America Rejects
                        Trashed and Scattered by Avenged Sevenfold
                        I Hope You Die by Bloodhound Gang
                        and theres a good portion of Five Finger Death Punch songs that fit the bill.

There is a huge list for me. But those are what I can think of right now.

Comment

Feel Your Feelings by John Forster
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"Mouthful Of S***" by Chumbawamba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJLv46_N6c (Beware: NSFW lyrics are displayed)
                            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

I am a bit embarrassed to admit this, but "Walk Away" by Kelly Clarkson. Cause I don't waste time with 'explinations'. I do tell them why 1 time then I just "Walk Away." Life is to short to sit and explain over and over and over. They can try to make it up to me, and then we might continue to talk.. but I don't go stalker on them or beat a dead horse.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X