Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite "I hate your guts" songs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth strawbabies View Post
    "Shitlist" by L7
    Quoth cashierbex View Post
    I Hope You Die by Bloodhound Gang
    These plus "Everything About You" by Ugly Kid Joe.

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
    "I don't Care About You" - Fear
    Now with video. Is that Flea at 1:37?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

In no particular order...

"I Used To Love Her, But I Had To Kill Her" by Guns n' Roses.
      "Positively Fourth Street" by Bob Dylan, as has already been mentioned by another.
      "U + Ur Hand" by Pink.
      I hate to admit it, because I really can't stand the band, but Motley Crüe's "Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away" is pretty much dead on for this.
      A classic, of course, is Pat Benatar's "Heartbreaker."

I'm sure there are more in the Evil & Vindictive files in my head, but I'm in a pretty good place in life and a petty good mood in my head, and can't really seem to find the key to that file closet.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I like "Only Prettier" by Miranda Lambert.
        My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

My favorites:

So What - Pink
          Bye Bye Beautiful - Nightwish (especially if you know the story behind the song)

And the ultimate "I hate your guts" song....

Great Idea For a Song - Worm Quartet NSFW doesn't even come close to cutting it.

And we're done here.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            There's always the Weird Al classic, "One More Minute" -- which was supposedly written as a direct response to a really bad breakup that had happened shortly before.

For those unfamiliar, it's basically a laundry list of all of the unpleasant things the speaker would rather do than, well, spend one more minute in her presence:
            The best part -- it's done in doo-wop love song style.
            Damn ... the link you posted wouldn't play up here so I had to go hunt up a version that would play (took me all of three seconds, LOL). That's one of my all-time favourite Weird Al songs, but I have to admit that's a pretty long list.

When I first discovered this song, it took me several "listens" before I heard clearly the line about the "self-service pumps" ...

Comment

When i was married to my ex i used to play paula cole's this fire album when he would tick me off...so i have an i hate you...album?

Comment

Of the top of my head...

Disturbed -- "The Game"

Biohazard -- "Cross the Line"

Annihilator -- "Loving the Sinner"
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

"Still Alive" and "Want You Gone" -- from the Portal game series.

Both are sung by a twisted (read: nuttier than squirrel poo) AI. (GLaDOS) The "I hate you" vibe is hiding in the background, but oh wow, when you notice...
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

"Bad Karma," by Ida Maria. Less funny and more overtly angry than the portal songs, though of course, they're adored.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      There's always the Weird Al classic, "One More Minute" -- which was supposedly written as a direct response to a really bad breakup that had happened shortly before.

For those unfamiliar, it's basically a laundry list of all of the unpleasant things the speaker would rather do than, well, spend one more minute in her presence:
                      The best part -- it's done in doo-wop love song style.
                      Back in the 90s, when I was a DJ at a college radio station, I received a request for a "f**K off and die" song. He said he didn't care what the song was, but as long as he dedicated to his ex GF. That song wasn't part of the normal Station's rotation, but I happen to have the CD with me that night. . He called back right after I got done playing the song, and told me that that was the perfect song, and he had actually that one in mind when he called.

My addition to the list.

http://youtu.be/Y8JYAo1giBU
                      Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 11-26-2013, 02:06 PM.
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                        "You're So Vain"; I think by Carly Simon.
                        Yes, that's Carly Simon, sure enough.

Hoyt Axton's You're the Hangnail in my Life (and I can't bite you off)

John Waite's Missing You.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

How about this one by Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs.

Comment

On a slightly-different note, what about Steely Dan's Lunch With Gina? It's less about the "get the fuck away from me" type of song. But, it is about an extremely clingy date/girlfriend.

I used this one on someone. She gave me her number...and then flipped when I actually called. Being the smartass I am, I called up a friend (who worked at a local radio station), and requested the tune...just to piss her off
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm going to be the slightly offbeat one and throw "Shut Up" by Kelly Osbourne in there. Also, to show my love of Metallica-- "King Nothing" and "Ain't My Bitch," to name just two of their amazingly "I hate your guts" based songs. A more recent song for this would be "Afraid" by The Neighborhood. That one literally says "fuck you" in the chorus. I was going to say "U + Ur Hand", but Jester beat me to that one, so I will submit a different song by Pink-- "Blow me (One Last Kiss)"
                              Last edited by BrenDAnn; 11-27-2013, 05:10 AM.
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

H-A-T-R-E-D by Tonio K. has always been one of my favorite breakup songs.

"yes i wish i was as mellow
                                as for instance jackson browne
                                but 'fountains of sorrow" my ass, motherfucker,
                                i hope you wind up in the ground"
                                "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                                Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                                X