X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S4 is go!! *squeee*

As the Fence would have it:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fZocAWmDgv...v4/s1600/1.jpg

fluttershies into a corner to squeegle up and watch!
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

*gaaaaaaaaaasp*

Yay!
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Hopefully I'll get to watch a stream/YouTube on Sunday morning. Just wasn't going to happen today.

And now I have to avoid Twitter until I watch it...
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Not going to post any spoilers so all I'm going to say is... Wow. They got a big story this year.

Comment

Going to have to wait until I'm off work tonight to see it on Youtube or something. Though kind of annoyed by something EQD revealed about a later episode this season.

Spoilers: The MLP comic books revealed that the author of the Daring Do stories was Twilight's mother. Episode 4 retcons that by introducing a new character as the author. Part of my annoyance is at retcon in general, and part because I rather liked the idea that she was the author.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
            Going to have to wait until I'm off work tonight to see it on Youtube or something. Though kind of annoyed by something EQD revealed about a later episode this season.
            While I liked that as well, I really never considered the comics to be fully canon, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Then again, that's why I've been avoiding Twitter and EQD and EFN for days...

And damn, this is going to be an interesting season. Start out with a two-part fan service episode that didn't feel like fan service. Well done.

P.S. - Ok, they invalidated one of my all-time favorite bits of fanon, but I expected that to happen sooner or later. And they did it in a way that worked for the continuity, so I'm good with it.
            Last edited by Crossbow; 11-24-2013, 02:53 PM.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

There being no other MLP thread at the moment, I thought I'd go and get this one again. Anyone else think S4 is thus far shaping up to be a really great one? The Youtube part of the fandom wasn't fond of episode 3, but I loved it. Seems that most of the fanfic side leans that way, too.

And for some reason, "I'm gonna need my bees back" is utterly hilarious to me.

Comment

I'm loving season four so far! Spoilered bit: I like the idea that the shadow pony who appears at the end of episode three is gonna be a new villain for the show, tho there's all sorts of speculation and nopony really knows who it is!
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm enjoying it so far. I don't follow most of the online talk so I don't worry if the YT crowd is not happy with it. I learned not to follow that talk because most of what I saw was people complaining that the writers were not following whatever the current fanon was. I enjoy the fanfics, but as I learned from Lucas and the Star Wars books, it only counts if it is on screen.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                    ... most of what I saw was people complaining that the writers were not following whatever the current fanon was.
                    Exactly. It's the curse of being "too popular." It's great that people love your work and are willing to see/watch/buy it, but many end up thinking they know better what would work. They may or may nto be right, but in the end, it's up to the show's crew (and I'm including sponsors here) what is the best way to go. If they're wrong, people stop watching. Telling the creator(s) they are doing it wrong and here's how it should be won't work. Ever.

Sorry to all the fan(atic)s out there, but guess what - you didn't design or build this roller coaster. Sit down, buckle up, and just enjoy the ride.

Comment

I was actually referring to the big-name (in the fandom, anyway) review and analyst vid-bloggers like DigiBrony, BronyCurious, and Antony C, not the random whiners. It just struck me as interesting that the analytical types on YT pretty universally disliked Ep 3, while the creative types on fanfiction websites seemed to generally enjoy it.

And DigiBrony's objections to it (which he indicated BronyCurious shared) were basically that it was a very light episode with a simplistic, almost pointless plot that was only interesting when they were dropping hints about the overall plot arc.

Personally I just liked everypony interacting with each other and the funny bits.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                        And DigiBrony's objections to it (which he indicated BronyCurious shared) were basically that it was a very light episode with a simplistic, almost pointless plot that was only interesting when they were dropping hints about the overall plot arc.
                        I don't get that. While the show has a large older fan base, it's still is a show that kids should be able to enjoy. If the stories get too deep, kids wont understand it. A light episode with some fun laughs is fine. It keeps the balance.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                          I don't get that. While the show has a large older fan base, it's still is a show that kids should be able to enjoy. If the stories get too deep, kids wont understand it. A light episode with some fun laughs is fine. It keeps the balance.
                          Agreed, and as long as the episode isn't *too* pointless and silly, it's fine. Bronies need to remember that we're not the target audience, as much as we want to think we are. Sorry, but this isn't Supernatural or Walking Dead.

Comment

We are the target audience of the comic books, though. Unless they think children are going to understand references to The Blues Brothers, Fringe, and Watchmen.

Also rewatched part of Episode 3 because I was trying to remember something, and noticed something I hadn't before. In the scene where Twilight makes the others settle down and sort things out, we set a new record for how adorable the show can get - Fluttershy nuzzling Angel Bunny in the background behind Twilight.

Comment

Working...
                            X