This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Help

Hoping someone can help me out with some Christmas gift inspiration.

My father, stepmom and my two half sisters (aged 10 and 8) live about 30 mins away from Denver, while I am stuck over in Europe. It's hard to know what to get for the girls as I haven't seen them in a year and don't know what they're into or how big they've grown. But anything involving animals is a big hit.

I'd like to get them some sort of activity that they could all do together. Last year I got them all gift certificates for the Denver Centre for Performing Arts and they chose a show to go to. They've got membership to the Zoo, Aquarium and the Natural History museum in town so they're out.

I've tried searching but nothing jumps out- anyone got any other ideas for me?

Are they into any sort of sports? Tickets for a game for the local ice hockey/basketball/baseball team might be well received...
    Or maybe some sort of skiing experience?
    Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 11-23-2013, 12:23 PM. Reason: i added da skiing :)
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Maybe adopt-an-animal kits from a wildlife conservation group (national or local)?
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I live in the same area.
        Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is awesome.
        There is a wolf sanctuary in Divide.
        Manheim Steamroller is at the World Arena. I think there may also be some holiday ice skating shows there as well. You can pm me if you need help.
        What do you want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit?": Blues Bros.

Comment

You could adopt an animal in their name. If i remember right they get a certificate and a fuzzy of the animal adopted. Ie..adopt a wolf, get a stuffed wolf.

Comment

Some kind of donation to Big Cat Rescue, the maker of hysterical big cat videos---or something form their gift shop.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

An animal-based experience. There's likely to be places that offer horse-riding. There's probably farms that offer experiences with farm animals - quite possibly farm chore tasks like hand-milking the cows or grooming horses, but animal-loving kids often LOVE that. Ditto some adults.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions.

I really hope I don't sound like I'm poo-pooing your ideas- my parents don't care much for sports, except for ski-ing and they're all fabulous skiers already. I don't know their schedule so can't book anything- they need to be able to choose when to go.

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo sounds really good, they've never mentioned going there and I could do gift certificates for them so they could choose when to go. And they've been to a wolf sanctuary before, not sure if it was the one in Divide but I've seen photos of them having a hug with a wolf.

If anyone's got any named organizations that would be really useful- since I'm so far away actual places would be super-duper appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X