This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Psychology Paper

I got full marks on it, I went off the beaten path and diagnosed characters from "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle is a unicorn, the main character the show is based on. Twilight is devoted to her studies and would rather study than make friends. Twilight often neglects the friends she has in order to focus on her studies. When Twilight does hang out with her friends, she is preoccupied by what a book says is supposed to happen, for example, one time when two of her friends came over for a slumber party, Twilight spend most of the party reading a book about slumber parties and checking off activities as they were performed. She was more concerned about checking off the activities than she was with relaxing and having fun with her friends. Twilights teacher, Princess Celestia, had a sick Pheonix that was stolen by Fluttershy so that Fluttershy could care for it because Celestia didn't see the bird as being sick, Twilight tormented herself and Fluttershy, only seeing that Fluttershy broke the rule by stealing the bird as opposed to the good that Fluttershy was doing to help the bird. Twilight must have things done her way and on time, and is reluctant to delegate tasks to other with the fear that they won't be done to her specifications.

Twilight displays:

1. Preoccupation with rules, lists, order, organization and schedules.
    2. Extreme perfectionism.
    3. Is excessively devoted to her studies.
    4. Is overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters or morality, ethics or values
    5. Is reluctant to delegate tasks or work to others unless they submit exactly to her way of doing things.
    6. Shows rigidity and stubbornness.

I would diagnose Twilight with Obsessive-Compulsive Personalty Disorder based on these symptoms.

Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie is an outgoing, energetic, happy, and hyperactive pony who loves sweets and often speaks and acts in non sequiturs. Pinkie believes she throws the best parties and that makes her feel good about herself, she will throw a party even when the situation doesn't call for a party so that she will feel good about herself. Pinkie rarely sleeps, and is always going. Pinkie Pie talks almost nonstop, even when she is being glared at to shut up. Pinkie is very easily distracted, she generally can't stay focused on the task at hand, once spouting “Chocolate rain, you guys! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain!” instead of focusing on saving the town she lives in. No matter how distracted she becomes, she always reaches her goals even when she is doubted by her friends. She was able to lead a swarm of parasprites out of town by getting what she needed even if she did get distracted quite a bit. Pinkie is all about having fun, engaging in pleasurable actives, I think that if sex were a topic in this show, Pinkie would have a hyperactive sex drive, Pinkie eats sweets as if there are no consequences.

Pinkie displays:

1.Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
    2.Decreased need for sleep
    3.Is more talkative than usual
    4. Distractability
    5.Increase in goal-directed activity
    6.Excessive involvement with pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences.

I would diagnose Pinkie with Severe Biplolar 1 Disorder without Psychotic Features.

Rarity:

Rarity is a vain, dramatic, attention seeking, unicorn. She doesn't like being in situations where she is not the center of attention, when Rarity designed a line of clothes, she did not like being backstage while her friend modeled them. Rarity has a talent for charming male ponies to help her and her friends. She talks two stallions into pulling the carriage to take her and her friends to the royal ball, and she sweet-talks another into giving her the last piece of asparagus, and she flirts with a small dragon to get things she wants . Raritys emotions can shift really quickly and often from one extreme to the other. She uses her appearance to draw attention to herself, she fantasized about how everypony would look at her when she walked into a royal ball and how she would attract the attention of a prince with her beauty. Raritys manner of speaking is flowery, expansive, excessive, heavily emotion-laden, designed to capture attention rather than to communicate. Rarity is very much a drama queen, she often stages fainting and has over dramatic “crying” spells. She is easily influenced by others, she changes her dress patterns because someone doesn't like them even though what she had before was perfectly fine. Rarity believes she's a lot closer to other ponies than she really is, believing they are good friends when the ponies in question only know her in passing.
    Rarity displays:
    1. Is uncomfortable in situations in which she is not the center of attention
    1. interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior.
    2. Displays rapidly shifting emotions
    3. Consistently uses her appearance to draws attention to herself.
    4. Has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
    5. Shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotions.
    6. Is suggestible
    7. Considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are.

I would diagnose Rarity with Histrionic Personality Disorder based on these symptoms.

Rainbow Dash:

Rainbow Dash highly competitive Pegasus. She often over exaggerates her achievements and talents and often wants to be recognized for doing smalls things, such as catching a cup that was knocked off a table before it hit the groud. Rainbow often dreams of being a really successful flyer, wanting to be the captain of the elite flying squad “The Wonderbolts”. She believes that is is special and can only be truly understood by others who are like her, such as The Wonderbolts, she ignores her friends when is in the presence of The Wonderbolts. Rainbow Dash thinks she should be entitled to favoritism because she was a strong flyer as a filly in flight school. Rainbow tried to coerce Twilight into giving her the extra ticket to a ball so that she could hang out with the Wonderbolts, making fun of the other ponies reasons as to why they needed the ticket. She didn't recognize or care that Fluttershy was terrified of dragons and constantly rolled her eyes and huffed whenever Fluttershy cowered when confronted with the dragon. She is often envious of anypony that shows more talent or ability than she has and thinks that others who are lacking in talent or ability is envious of her, in a flying competition with another flying academy student, Rainbow tries to outshine the other student when she felt her status was threatened.

Rainbow Dash displays:

1. a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    4. requires excessive admiration
    5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

I would diagnose Rainbow with Narcissistic Personality Disorder based on these symptoms.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

what about fluttershy, applejack, and spike?
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Applejack - she is best pony.

*runs*
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I was limited to 4 pages and I really couldn't find anything profoundly wrong with the rest.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Pretty accurate descriptions to me. Great job!
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
          X