This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
    We're going to hold a naming competition for them, but for now I'll call them "Victor." (as in Victor/Victoria )
    Glen/Glenda
    Last edited by EricKei; 06-29-2018, 04:44 PM. Reason: snip
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Gene/Jean.
      I have no idea why I did not think of that. I might enter that into the competition

My suggestion was Sam (eg Samuel/Samantha), however, it was pointed out that one of our lecturers (who wasn't in at the time) shares that name and we did NOT want to associate a naked elderly dummy with him!

Comment

Wikipedia has a page on such names, including a nicknames section: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unisex_name#Nicknames

That section includes Sam, Pat, and Chris, along with some others that might leave you wondering why you didn't think of them. It doesn't include Gene/Jean, perhaps because those retain different spellings.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
          Wikipedia has a page on such names, including a nicknames section: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unisex_name#Nicknames

That section includes Sam, Pat, and Chris, along with some others that might leave you wondering why you didn't think of them. It doesn't include Gene/Jean, perhaps because those retain different spellings.
          "Jean" could be used in the masculine sense eg "Jean-Pierre." (or JP for short)

Since we have to pretty much create a backstory for this dummy as well, I might have some fun with that. (We have a batch of "mock patients" that we use for simulation scenarios.)

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
            It doesn't include Gene/Jean, perhaps because those retain different spellings.
            I was referring to this Gene/Jean.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Dick and Fanny? ��
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                Dick and Fanny? ��
                Even better, half the education team are Brits and would actually get the joke!

(For those who don't, "Fanny" in the UK has very different connotations to elsewhere)

Comment

Jean/Gene are good for sounding alike.

Jean/Jean also works. She's a red headed telepath/telekinetic. He's a gay french speedster from Quebec.

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
                    (For those who don't, "Fanny" in the UK has very different connotations to elsewhere)
                    When a friend from Belfast was visiting years ago, I was to take her on an unofficial tour one day (shopping/wandering). We go with mom to her work as at the time it was 2 subway stops away from where we were going so it would take us 10 minutes to get there instead of an hour. When we leave mom, she asks the friend (she was lugging a purse the size of a small dog) "Would you like a fanny pack if you're going to be walking around all day?"

Friend and I bust out laughing, it took mom a full 3 seconds to realize why. To add to the entertainment, at the time mom's work was within walking distance to what used to be (and kind of still is) the red-light district.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

To add onto the "fanny" comments, if you've ever watched an episode of "The Chase" (the UK one), there's an episode where a question is asked about "Fanny Chmelar" and what she was famous for (skiing). Normally the Chasers will keep it together while Bradley (the host) will crack up laughing, but this one resulted in EVERYONE (Chaser included) cracking up because of the unfortunate name

(And yes, I did read The Faraway Tree books as a kid - Fanny was the name used back then, it's now "Fran/Franny")

Comment

I learned to call it a "bum bag" when I took a Green Tortoise trip with some English (and European) girls....

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          Dick and Fanny? ��
                          This one gets me vote!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

New one from today.
                            Somehow the topic got onto elephants and their penis size. Apparently an elephant's penis can weigh up to 65kg.
                            Cue one of the nurses stating loudly "I'm a walking elephant's penis then!"

(Oh and for those who were wondering, we've opted to call bob's companion "Jerry/Geri".)
                            Last edited by LadyofArc; 10-31-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I've seen a clip from that version of the show. Bradley completely lost it on the Andy Capp question."

Of course, with those possible answers, it would have been difficult to keep it together.
                              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                              X