This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me in please!

Hmmm.. a couple of times now I've tried to log in and got a message saying that the Administrator has barred your IP address. It's not every time I log in,but just and now and always on Firefox or Chrome-I can use Tor to log in fine.
    Not quite sure what the problem is,but I'd like to be able to get in all the time without having to use Tor which is slower and means I have to relog in every few posts.
    So if you can let me in,that'd be great.If not,I'll bang on the door.Over and over again..
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Hi Kit

It may be that your provider uses dynamic IPs that occasionally use the same IP as that of a spammer/troll that we IP banned. We will look further into this and let you know.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Just to let the powers that be know.This problem seemed to have sorted itself for the last month or so,but now it's back-and now it's when I use Chrome,Firefox or IE.The only way I can access the site is through Tor.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Normally, it will log your IP, but I don't think it does if it determines your IP is banned.

Next time this happens, find out what IP you're using so we can investigate. You can find it by going to www.whatismyip.com.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

On Chrome and Firefox,it's 82.32.213.216
          On Internet Explorer,5.135.66.213

I hope this means something to you-it's all gobbledegook to me-to work out what's going on.
          Many thanks..

Hmm...attempted to post this twice before and it was telling me my IP address was barred on Tor,which I didn't think was possible.
          Third time lucky!
          Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 01-07-2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Found the first IP on the ban list. Apparently I added it because it belong to someone who trolled us repeatedly. Do you have a friend or coworker, by chance, who might do something like that?

I've removed the entry. I didn't find anything for the second IP you provided us. If you have any further problems, let us know.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Many thanks-I got the email.The only thing I can think of is that for a while when I didn't have access to my home computer,I used the one at the public library,which I think has the same IP for everyone who uses it.
              I also know on at least one occasion it didn't shut down properly and I was able to see the sites the last person had been using,so something similar may have happened there.

Comment

Uhm.

If two browsers are reporting different IPs, that likely means one or both are using proxies, which may point to malware and having one's communications intercepted. The troll may also have had said malware and his communications would have used the same exit points, placing you under the same ban. It would explain why Tor would ban those IPs since it breaks their security model.

I recommend you have your computer checked for malware.

Comment

Working...
                X