This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental Projects

As some of you know, I’m an artist, and I mostly draw and paint. Here lately, though, I’ve been doing some other things too. I made a Krampus ornament that was quite good, I thought. I’ve also made a book, which included sewing the parts together, etc, and that is nearing completion, it just needs another coat of sealant on the cover.

Today might be the start of my most ambitious project yet, though! I bought some old candles at a thrift store, with the intention of making a carved candle. Has anyone made one of these before? If so, my question is this; should I use a fully formed candle and just build off of that, or should I make it completely from scratch, dipping the wick over and over until I’ve got a substantial enough base?

My sisters do this and from what I can gather from questioning and watching them it's much easier to carve a candle that is somewhat still on the soft side, also some waxes are harder than others making the softer easier to carve but also easier to damage afterwords.
    Good luck please post some pics of your work if you don't mind.
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
    X