This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
    And if it's 40 Kelvin, forget about the pipes -- worry about the air freezing!
    Reenact "A Pail Of Air".
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Southern Ontario here, and we seem to have missed it ... although it's still bloody COLD here! (Got no sympathy from my brother when I wrote that it was supposed to hit -25 ... he wrote back and said "SPRING!!" He lives on the prairies, by the way ...)

I hope everybody who was in the path of that monster storm is okay.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

csquared is right -- If it's below freezing at all, leave a faucet dripping slowly and all that good stuff. It seems my Mom failed to do so recently when the overnight low dropped to a little over 20F, and her pipes DID burst. Fortunately, they did so in an area where they could not damage her floors or walls. She still had to spend a night over at our place to let the plumbers do their thing.
        Last edited by EricKei; 01-10-2018, 09:49 AM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thank GOD the next week will have temps in the high forties and low fifties...a lot of snow to melt around here.

Comment

So we got about, maybe over a foot of snow here, and we broke a cold record for a wet bulb temp of -8 Saturday night, pushing -30 with the wind chill. Absolutely crazy, and yet it'll it 55 by Thursday. Welcome to New England, lol

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
              So we got about, maybe over a foot of snow here, and we broke a cold record for a wet bulb temp of -8 Saturday night, pushing -30 with the wind chill. Absolutely crazy, and yet it'll it 55 by Thursday. Welcome to New England, lol
              *raises coffee mug in salute*

Green Mountain State here.
              Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Mom was thinking that a friend of hers is gonna regret selling his boat when all this snow starts melting...
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X