Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No manager worthy of the title puts stock in anonymous complaints.

You've got nowhere to go but up.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
      Management's apathy borders on criminal.
      Reminded of this:
      Apathy is death!
      If only Kreia were part of management... ok maybe not

Sorry I don't have anything of substance to add.
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

wb - True, but it sounds to me like Lurch's managers are anything but worthy of their titles.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well, whether or not they're worthy of the title 'manager' is of little relevance any more - because they are no longer my managers.

I was called into the office yesterday to be 'counseled' on my so-called 'bad attitude'. And I very vividly demonstrated to them exactly what a real 'bad attitude' looked like. Complete with a barrage of words and phrases not suitable for polite company, and more than a little criticism of how they've handled this entire mess.

And then I collected my shit and walked out with a few choice parting words and a well-timed, high-flying single finger salute.

I probably could have handled that better, but the 'I'm done with this shit' factor is/was wall-to-wall and floor to ceiling. And that was the direction it was headed anyway.

Comment

Catharsis can be a wonderful thing. Here's hoping you land on your feet, man
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Catharsis can be a wonderful thing. Here's hoping you land on your feet, man
              Absolutely. And still go for unemployment ... You might be able to claim constructive dismissal under the toxic work environment condition.

This is from a blog that discusses Canadian employment law, but it's similar in the United States:
              A toxic work environment is classically defined as unjustified criticism as well as vague and unfounded accusations of poor performance, especially where authority and respect with co-workers had been seriously undermined and compromised. Another example of toxic work environment is where the employer fails to prevent workplace harassment.
              Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X