This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More holiday fun ...

Aaaand I get home tonight to discover lukewarm water coming out of the taps ... and a noticeable large damp splotch around the water heater in the basement.

PLEEEEZE let me find an apartment soon!!
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Replacement will be "sometime during the week of Jan. 2" ...

Oh yay ...
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Oh, hon. I wish I could let you stay here for a while but you're too far away.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thank you, Food Lady. I am currently trying to clear the necessary space (this involves moving furniture -- including the FRIDGE, if you please) so the technician can get the damn water heater down the basement steps without hindrance sometime this week.

I am having some fun doing what I call "settler showers" ... heating water on the stove and then using a small pot to splash it over myself in the tub. I am really going to appreciate that water heater when it finally goes in. Not to mention I can finally attack the mountain of dishes in the sink ... I've decided that they are not sufficiently important for me to waste hot water on. Any excuse not to do chores ...

Have my eye on an upcoming unit in an apartment building that's been recommended by a friend ... who has a coworker who lives in the same building, LOL. Ah, the advantages of networking ... The rent includes ALL utilities (except phone and internet and suchlike, of course) so it would be one payment per month. It does mean I have no control over the heat in the winter but pfft ... I can live with that. The downside is it's not available until March 1, which is later than any of us wanted me to get out of Mom's house, but if I can get it I'm taking it.
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Here the city and/or county codes enforcement would be all over the owners and management making a tenant wait that long to replace a water heater. It doesn't take more than a few hours to replace an electric water heater and only just a little longer than that for a gas. Sounds like you're getting the run around.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Baby wipes and paper plates for you, girly! I'm glad I have an electric kettle. It's fast and I can program it to 120 or whatever temp baths are supposed to be. I hope you get the new apartment. I can't move until March, either. (Well, have to give 60 days notice, I think).
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              Here the city and/or county codes enforcement would be all over the owners and management making a tenant wait that long to replace a water heater. It doesn't take more than a few hours to replace an electric water heater and only just a little longer than that for a gas. Sounds like you're getting the run around.
              I'm in a slightly odd situation, Tanasi: this is my late mother's house, so technically I'm not really a tenant, and at present there is no owner. The closest we could get to 'management' would probably be the lawyers who are winding up her estate, but of course I need to GTFO of this place so the estate can finally end.

They came by today and replaced the water heater so I HAZ HOT WATER AGAIN!!

Also got my car to the mechanic and the final bill was ... $68. Two heat plates (or whatever they're called) had basically rotted out, and the windshield wipers were just frozen in place!
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Baby wipes and paper plates for you, girly! I'm glad I have an electric kettle. It's fast and I can program it to 120 or whatever temp baths are supposed to be. I hope you get the new apartment. I can't move until March, either. (Well, have to give 60 days notice, I think).
                At this point I could tell my brother I'm leaving tomorrow and he wouldn't object, LOL. I'm waiting to hear from a specific building, though. There's a unit coming up available March 1 and I will be notified when they schedule the viewings. I'm really crossing my fingers on this one. Rent includes utilities, cats are welcome ...
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                X