X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have started putting in some unusual maintenance requests

Here is today's message sent to my rental management company:

As I said I will be logging every time someone blatantly disregards rules/management requests. I am happy to report that in the last couple of days I have noticed the people in [apartment to my east side] seem to be making a concerted effort to change. Last night there was running up and down stairs and some door slamming just in the space of 10 minutes but honestly, though it was annoying, it wasn't too late at night and I can completely understand, given the temperature. They have music on today and the bass is not overly bothersome. I hope it stays that way. I suspect they just didn't know they were bothering people.

However, I was just in my shower and all of a sudden there was the boomboomboom that was louder than anything I've ever heard from anyone in this building. I thought it was the people to my side (opposite of [apartment to my east side]) but I listened at the shared wall and realized it wasn't them. Well, frankly I'd be shocked because I NEVER have problems with them. I went to my dining room and put my ear to the wall and it sounds like it was the tenants directly behind me. It only lasted a few minutes but it was strong enough to vibrate the actual wall along the entire length of the apartment, from dining to the bathroom and into my bedroom. I don't care if it's 4:00 pm. It's unacceptable. I can't even imagine how bad it is for the people underneath them with some little kid stomping and screaming also. At any rate, if I hear ANYTHING like that tonight at even 1 minute after 10:00 I will call the police. Aren't they tired of coming to this building? I'm sorry to throw this rant at management. It's ultimately the responsibility of the tenants to control themselves. But sometimes people have to be forced. And to think we all got a letter about this recently.
    They *just* put a letter on every. single. door. stating that it doesn't matter what time it is; if you are disturbing the peace you are in the wrong. People work all kinds of shifts here and some sleep during the day. In fact, the people behind me do. No, I'm not going to disturb them. I'm not sinking to their level. And I am trying to move.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X