Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather like the Pacific Northwest, where we are right now. If we had to move, it'd probably be further north, like Portland or Seattle. If we had to move to a different country, most likely candidate would be Canada. UK or Ireland are also possibilities, though far more expensive to get to.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      He left all his things and didn't even take his pet! Like I said, I'm still shocked but I bet he'll be asking for me to wire him some money, which I WON'T!
      If he asks for money, tell him you are having a garage sale of all his items. You will send the proceeds (less costs of course).
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        If he asks for money, tell him you are having a garage sale of all his items. You will send the proceeds (less costs of course).
        ^^^^^This is so good and evil . I love it It's perfect.

You should not be his bank and he should have done this himself if he wasn't coming back.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

The situation reminded me of this old joke.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I have always wanted, and still do, to move to Great Britain.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Been around the world, Gun thing really limits it but if that wasn't a factor.
              Spain or Malta.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

He is 23? I think it's a great idea. Canada is my home but if I had the chance to move to another country, I would likely do so, even knowing that I might never get back here except on flying visits. I'd pick the UK (probably Scotland), Germany, some of the northern European countries. Yeah, I know ... WINTER ... but I'm not really a fan of eternal tropical weather.

Of course, I might have a completely different view on that after two years in, say, Moscow ... somebody told me at work today that Moscow had a grand total of SIX MINUTES of sunlight in December!
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                  I wish, Sis has sold his things for pocket monies with his permission. You snooze, you lose. :\
                  The drama continues more deeper than I'd thought for those interested. Turns out his BFF backstabbed him and falsely accused him of a heinous crime! I told bro not to go cuz it makes him look guilty but he just said basically Eff this place! and did it anyway. Our poor Ma is rolling in her grave!
                  On the other hand, they're bigoted jerks. As is our dad, but IDK if he's going too. I hope so!
                  On the other other hand, I'll be alone. But that's nothing new.
                  Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                  The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

In a word, yes. If I had the means and money I would leave this country in a heartbeat. The priorities here are messed up to say the least. Now what country is what I don't know. I like Europe, and would love places like France, Italy and England. I just don't know which one! Or maybe the Netherlands because they really have their head on straight over there.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've been to several countries around the world and except for Canada and Mexico, I've been shot at in every country (including USA.)
                      No I've very happy here in my Mountain Empire of Rocky Top and I intend to die here, I even have my funeral and burial plot bought and paid for.
                      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                      X