This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital woes

Yay this is the perfect spot for this story. Almost 3 years ago I broke my arm at work and got hauled off in an ambulance to the hospital closest to my house. Now they managed to screw up every which direction. First off when I finally got a temporary splint on and was trying to get ready to go home they were NOT helpful at all in giving me resources for home care. I had NO one in the house to help me and I was paralyzed from the elbow down, and scared to shit. Secondly they didn't give me a sling by default, I had to ASK for one cause it hurt to hang my arm down, and I couldn't hold it up cause it was...paralyzed . Thirdly ...and I didn't discover this myself until after I got home but damn I was high on morphine and scared out of my mind....but anyway they left the iv needle in my arm . Luckily I knew someone who could take it out safely. And lastly they ended up putting the splint on in such a way that they pinched another nerve and I had to go back 2 days later because I was in agonizing pain that would not stop.

This same hospital almost killed my daughter's friend...he had appendicitis and when he went in the first time they told him he was constipated and sent him home . He had to go back and by then it had burst.

Plus this same hospital ....when my boyfriend went in because of a severe and unusual case of hives, gave him steroids which ended up making him retain water and shove it right into his lungs....and he told them he had a history of congestive heart failure. He had to go back the next day and ended up staying a week.

I tell you this hospital is NOT the greatest.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

The appendicitis: I'd rather have them err ok the side of caution!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oy vey. I just have no words for this one.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        Oy vey. I just have no words for this one.
        which one There are so many to choose from!

Comment

the whole hives issue, i get that it was really sucky that he got fluids in his lungs and got stuck in the hospital. That's totally suck..it's just that you said they gave him Steroids for the hives.

I was under the impression that was the normal routine for the hives. It's for extreme cases. Though, i could be completely wrong.
          I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            which one There are so many to choose from!
            All of them.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
              the whole hives issue, i get that it was really sucky that he got fluids in his lungs and got stuck in the hospital. That's totally suck..it's just that you said they gave him Steroids for the hives.

I was under the impression that was the normal routine for the hives. It's for extreme cases. Though, i could be completely wrong.
              It depends on how bad they are.

In the ER, for that sort of thing, the usual routine was IV Benadryl, an H2 Blocker like Pepcid, Zantac or Tagamet given IV, and dexamethasone (a steroid) would be given. In severe cases, might be some epinepherine too. Usually that's enough to fix the problem and the patient can go home. Sometimes they stay a night or two if the problem is difficult to manage, swelling the respiratory tract, etc.

They might go home with a script for a Prednisone pack for a few days, and for an epi pen.

Comment

OMG!
                Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  OMG!
                  Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard
                  nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. (Yes, they do sound like quacks.)
                  I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Oh my word. That's one medical center I don't want to visit.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      Oh my word. That's one medical center I don't want to visit.
                      Yeah I really wonder about them sometimes. I don't think they have done one useful thing thus far.

Comment

Sure they have; they've made Medical centres in Downtown Mogadishu look well-prepared and sanitary.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                          Sure they have; they've made Medical centres in Downtown Mogadishu look well-prepared and sanitary.
                          I guess you have a point there!

Comment

Working...
                          X