This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't view my own profile / history of comment / posts

I replied to a couple threads last week and made a post but now I can't find them. Though I'd check on my profile as it usually list where I've commented or made a thread. Can't even see my history.

I get this when I click on my name:

jillofall, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Possibly because you are still on new member moderation.

I will take a look at it.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Don't fret, OP. This is normal for new members. As Ree said, your posts are likely being moderated, or screened, until the mods are convinced you're not a spammer or troll. It won't last long.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
        Possibly because you are still on new member moderation.

I will take a look at it.
        Spot on.

We had a number of bots signing up and spamming via PM. The only way the current software has to stop people PMing is a bit brutish and stops you seeing your own profile area.

Apologies, but it's not something that lasts if you're active.

Rapscallion

Comment

lol ! I can understand the reasons. Definitely not a spammer. Definitely here for retail therapy ! Being here is helping !

Comment

If you're just trying to find your replies/threads, I think there's a workaround (tried it and it worked, but it may just have been that you came out of moderation). Go to "search" at the bottom of the page, and on the screen that comes up, enter your user name in the "search for posts by user" field, the shortest time period that covers the day you joined CS in the "find posts from" (it's the field pre-populated with "any date" - there's no point consuming extra resources by searching for your posts from before you joined), and don't touch the other fields. Click on "search now", and in a few seconds you'll see your threads.

I found 5 threads (including this one) - somehow doesn't mesh with it listing that you have 4 posts. Note that this almost certainly won't find posts a moderator hasn't approved yet (since they're not publicly visible), and should NOT be used by people who've been "upgraded" to allow them to view their profile, or for whatever other reason have posted in a double-digit number of threads - I don't even want to THINK what would happen in terms of resource use if someone tried doing this for a prolific poster.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I think threads in Orientation either don't count, or the counter starts at zero instead of one. Not sure. I've seen people with two visible/non-moderated posts whose postcount says 1.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Weird, I can't see my history of comments/posts on my profile any more either... But the "search" method Wolfie mentioned worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                X