This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newton

A while back, I bought a Newton (Message Pad 120) from a coworker. I've loved it ever since (it's big, durable, and I could hit someone with it!). A couple weeks ago, when my friend and I went to the computer junk yard, I found a Message Pad 130. It didn't have a battery back or a stylus. On the other hand, it had 2MB flash storage card. Considering I found it at the junk yard, I figured it would be crap, and I only actually bought it for the storage card. Turns out it works, and even has the feature to make the screen light up so all my stuff is going to get converted over to the new one.

Does anyone know anything about Newtons? I'm wondering what kinds of programs there are for it (I would love to find an Excel type program for it) and what success/problems you've had with it.

Also, is it possible to find a card reader for that kind of thing? So far I've had no luck but I want to make sure everything is backed up.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Newtons?

There a type of cookie.

Sorry, I had to....

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
      There a type of cookie.
      Noooooo, they're fruit and cake!

Sorry, I had to as well...
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
        There a type of cookie.
        With fig in them.

And the computing device:
        It's an apple product.
        Otaku

Comment

To further confuse things, Nabisco makes Apple Newtons too, not just Fig.

Sorry, donno much about the Apple PDA though, other than it was way ahead of its time, and smarter than the later Palm pilot. I'll bet the sucker has a cult following even more fanatical than Apple in general though.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            To further confuse things, Nabisco makes Apple Newtons too, not just Fig.

Sorry, donno much about the Apple PDA though, other than it was way ahead of its time, and smarter than the later Palm pilot. I'll bet the sucker has a cult following even more fanatical than Apple in general though.
            Those sound yummy

It's a small following, but it's definitely there.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              Sorry, donno much about the Apple PDA though, other than it was way ahead of its time, and smarter than the later Palm pilot.
              Being smarter than anything Palm makes isn't anything to brag about. Palm ranks lower on my "who designed/built/coded this?" list than the Evil Empire*, and only one step higher than Coastal Amusements**.

* MicroSoft, that is, not the Other Evil Empire (Retail Version).
              ** If you're not familiar with them, don't worry. They make coin-operated amusement devices, and have the lowest reliability ratings I know if in the industry. Here's their worst.
              Last edited by Gurndigarn; 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                Being smarter than anything Palm makes isn't anything to brag about. Palm ranks lower on my "who designed/built/coded this?" list than the Evil Empire*, and only one step higher than Coastal Amusements**.
                Which is a shame, really. Palm used to be absolutely phenomenal. They've fallen so far, though, and their product is significantly behind the times. I still have/use my Treo 650, but I suspect it's the last Palm device I will ever buy. I'm already working on replacements for the bits I use most on there (yes, I do mean writing them myself).

It's a shame, really, to see how far they've fallen.

Comment

I used to love my Palm m100. Sure it was practically the lowest-end Palm you could get, but it did plenty, ran on AAA's, and lasted quite a while on them.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                  X