Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Green Cab Co offers "seniors" a 10% discount. From my previous retail experience, I already knew it was NEVER safe to assume a person is a "senior", especially the women. "Yes ma'am, I offered you the senior discount because your hair is completely white and you're covered in wrinkles. I thought it would be nicer to assume that you're old rather than a meth head."

I have never offered the senior discount. If someone wants it, they need to ask me for it.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I would never ask people either, but when a customer asked about seniors specials I would tell them the value but not the age, then then if they would ask: How old do you have to be to get it?
      I would always answer: If you're old enough to ask about it, you're old enough to get the discount.

At least that way I never had to imply they were over X - that magic number where they take offense.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Yeah, Big Green Cab Co doesn't have a set age for it. As far as I go, if they ask for it, and they look like they might even be close, sure. here's your 10% off... but I've had teens ask for it. Sorry kid, but that's "senior citizen", not "senior in high school".
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
        X