X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check here to see if your computer is clean from danger virus

http://www.dns-ok.us/

Or the FBI will kick you off. O_o Mine is green, what a relief!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    http://www.dns-ok.us/

Or the FBI will kick you off. O_o Mine is green, what a relief!
    Checked mine on Thursday . . . got a green light.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The FBI has nothing to do with it... It's the virus itself that kicks you off.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Incorrect; the article I read clearly stated that the FBI will shut down the computers of people infected in order to contain the virus. Here's a link for information:

http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/h...148360695.html
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

*SOB* Please people, get it right.

The FBI is not going to do anything other than turn off the substitute servers that you have been connecting through. The problem is going to be that the virus is making your computer connect through a certain server address that they had set up to register advertising clicks [they made like $14 million @_@]

The FBI is not doing jack shit to you, or your 'home' ISP. They are simply shutting down *their* server and letting your virus laden box try to connect willy nilly through a server that is no longer there.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yeah, here's the basic rundown for people not wanting to look up the info.

in 2007, a couple of people in Europe wrote a virus that redirects the links a person clicks to their own servers that are setup to put out advertising. This virus ran undetected for 4 years largely because there were a number of non-virus redirect systems running so it was not suspected.

In 2011 the ones responsible were caught and arrested. The problem is that the virus was so ingrained that shutting down that simply shutting down the servers cold would shut down net access for a lot of people and do several billions of dollars in damage, right when the economy was at it's worst. In response, the FBI set up temporary clean servers in place of the advertising one and started to send out notices across every communication method available for people to check if they're infected and how to remove it.

Soon, assuming it hasn't happened yet, the FBI is shutting down those temporary servers as it's counter productive to maintain servers that serves no purpose than simply to redirect.

So for anyone looking to scream at the FBI, consider that they've been keeping a solid portion of the net running unimpeded for a year now and avoided a fair amount of damage worldwide by doing so. Anyone caught by this has no one to blame but themselves.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I never blame the FBI for anything; just wanted to warn people about it. :/

I also put this thru snopes and it came up as genuine, too.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
              X