X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't want much, do they?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/csr/3115935669.html

OK, I do agree about having a work ethic. But $7.25 an hour? (I thought min wage was higher than that here.) Every day of the week? Also, I might point out that the common denominator there is the company itself. I have worked for a company who lost a string of employees, and there's a reason why. Not touchin' this one with a ten-foot-pole. I'd rather work at my job, where I get paid much more for work people consider less prestigious than that.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

"Must be happy to start at 7.25"
    Then you'd better be happy about constantly losing people. Office work like this can be very competitive. I'm sure another office (or call center, even) can offer people with the skills they're looking for a better pay rate.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

"Must be happy to start at $7.25 an hour"....yeah sure. Must be a cheapskate and a taskmaster to pay so low for all that work for a receptionist position.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Light incoming calls, but HEAVY outgoing calls.

They aren't looking for a receptionist. They're looking for a telemarketer.

ETA: I looked up the company and this is what I came up with. I totally called it.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

No you can't be happy, you have to be "HAPPY".

Sounds like they know damn well they're offering exact minimum wage and don't want to hear anyone complaining about it.

Comment

Hey, Irv, that name sounded familiar for a second until I realized my very young coworker asked me if she could demo kitchen products. I think she mentioned the name. Oi. Well, she can practice on me.

Comment

$7.25/hr?? HELL, I was making $10/hr babysitting twent-five years ago!!!!!!!!!!
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Ah yes. I am familiar with that company. IIRC when Hubs inquired, they wanted him to buy his demo set for almost $200 before he even started training. Lots of friends have had awful experiences with them. Yeah, don't go near them with a 30-ft pole! (Here's another one you shouldn't touch, either.)
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Light incoming calls, but HEAVY outgoing calls.

They aren't looking for a receptionist. They're looking for a telemarketer.

ETA: I looked up the company and this is what I came up with. I totally called it.
                  When I saw the email I address I knew what it was. Vector is a MASSIVE scam job that throws college students into commission only, high pressure sales jobs going door to door selling Cutco knives to whomever they can.

Google it and you can read the horror stories. This company is AWFUL.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Great. I have to find a way to let coworker down. Also, Cutco? That totally sounds like a cartton company name, like ACME. I'd expect to hear it on The Simpsons or Family Guy.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Great. I have to find a way to let coworker down. Also, Cutco? That totally sounds like a cartton company name, like ACME. I'd expect to hear it on The Simpsons or Family Guy.
                      Or to see it on the side of the boxes that Wile E. Coyote gets delivered to him.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        When I saw the email I address I knew what it was. Vector is a MASSIVE scam job that throws college students into commission only, high pressure sales jobs going door to door selling Cutco knives to whomever they can.

Google it and you can read the horror stories. This company is AWFUL.
                        You know, I got an interview offer from Vector once, when I was looking for a job, but when my Mom and I drove over to their office for it, we took one look at it-- a hole-in-the-wall type place at the BACK of an office strip-- and both decided "No."

Glad to hear I made the right call.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          Cutco? That totally sounds like a cartton company name, like ACME. I'd expect to hear it on The Simpsons or Family Guy.
                          I have several Cutco items myself (a cleaver, chef knife, and paring knive). They are quite good--of course for the price they better be.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                          X