This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd prefer my suspense in movies

Seriously, I'm hating suspense right now.
    Last week I interviewed for a position that was just about dream position (auditor with the state, good pay, good benefits, paid travel, NO GRAVEYARD SHIFTS) and they told me in the interview that I was one of the better candidates that they had seen so far... but now comes the sitting and waiting for a call... seriously, the days are dragging by really really really slowly waiting for that call.
    I know people are telling me it might be for the better if I don't get it, because there is another interview I have with the state's central payroll that pays more and has a better commute... but I have much less interest in central payroll... it's an overglorified grunt job that pays more because no one wants to do it (yeah, myself included)... I mean, yeah, it is about 5% more pay, but if both will more than meet my financial requirements, why shouldn't I want the job I have more interest in. And even if I do get turned down for the auditor job, then the suspense of waiting just starts again for the central payroll job.
    I think it goes with saying, other than appreciating having somewhere to vent, any prayers, well wishes, burnt offerings, or anything else you think will help are greatly welcomed.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Well, since job interviews are most assuredly a form of audition ...

Break a leg, dude!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Best of luck to you with this!

I'm in a similar position, myself. I interviewed for two full-telecommute jobs (work at home every day) doing web development. Unfortunately, one of the companies was in the middle of an acquisition, so they pushed their "decision" date on a hire back by about a month. So hopefully that decision should come in the next week or so.

The other company said they wanted to hire a project manager and Software Engineer lead and get them up to speed, first before they decided if they were going to expand to hiring in my area for full telecommute jobs. They put off their decision for 8 weeks, which is still another month away.

Honestly, the second one pays significantly more than the first (though I would have to go to Arizona for 3 weeks for training), but if I were offered either one I would probably take it. It would be a great situation for me. It would be about a 40% increase in salary, and I'd have the flexibility (due to family situation) to telecommute every day, which would be about perfect for me.
      Last edited by MadMike; 03-18-2013, 10:40 PM. Reason: For the love of God, trim your quotes, people!
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Burnt offerings coming up! (Although most people would see it as my normal cooking style ... )

Good luck!

Comment

Prayers going up. I was actually just poking around your history (your older ones do have some lols) and hope you get it.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Having an egg sammy for lunch smiley, so I turned the toaster setting from '5' to '7' just for you. Did either position give you any sort of time frame for the decision?

Comment

Working...
            X