This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep on running, keep on hiding...

Or, alternatively, if you're on the run from the police, why not go shopping!

Basically, this refers to an incident where a woman who's had three forms filled out and not come back to pay was coming back to the petrol station for the fourth time without the means to pay. My colleague Jane and I recognised her when she came in; we recognised her rather distinctive purple car and then spotted her number plate. We did not authorise her pump and then she came inside. Jane kept her busy while bluffing that I was the one who dealt with this kind of complaint and that I was currently on the phone.

I was on the phone, in fact; to the police who arrived and chased after the thief, who immediately took off. We were able to give the police her name, address etc, and they also had her car which she'd left behind when she did a runner. This is the first part; the second is what the first sentence refers to.

Quick quiz: If you're on the run from the police, what do you do?

a) Try and hide out someplace where they won't find you.
    b) Flee the country.
    c) Hand yourself in.
    d) Go shopping with your girlf in the supermarket attached to the petrol station where you stole the fuel from.

If you answered d) then congrats! You have the same mentality as what this SC did. XD Yes, she went home then, accompanied by her girlf, went shopping in the supermarket. We had by then briefed the security guard on her in case she showed up there, but we never thought that she'd be so stupid. The security guard clocked her straight away, and called the police. The SC was arrested at checkouts and charged with theft. Her girlf went with her. Basically, she'll be told to either pay up or be taken to court; I don't rate her chances very high seeing as she ran away and we have shitloads of evidence against her.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Yeah, running from the police (on foot, no less!) when they have your name, DL, address, and license plate (and actual car!). That's always going to end well.

Pro Tip: Running from the police, even when you are as pure as the new-driven snow, rarely results in a happy ending.

Comment

I assume

The first three times she got different staff members who did not know she already owned for gas?

There must be more local gas stations or has she also used up all the other local ones. If so is there any chance that they will add their charges too?

Comment

Sometimes running and hiding doesn't work to well. Two kids from the house two away from mine decided to break into my house. They were seen breaking in and the were police called. When the police arrived one of the kids (a boy) ran home and tried to claim that he hadn't left the house all day. It is not a good excuse when the police are only a few metres behind you in the chase.

The other kid (a girl) was caught at the scene and was being held by a female police officer when the chase started. Girl decides that this is good time to try and escape by punching the police officer. Police officer is knocked other but doesn't loose her grip on the girl.

End result: two kids proved how stupid they are and taken away by the Police.

Comment

Ha! Good one.

My fave stupid criminal story was the 19 year old kid (in my town) who ended up hiding in a closet when he was discovered burgling a house (by the homeowner). He stayed inside holding the door closed until the cops took it off its hinges. Not a very bright kid.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            The first three times she got different staff members who did not know she already owned for gas?

There must be more local gas stations or has she also used up all the other local ones. If so is there any chance that they will add their charges too?
            Yeah, she got different staff members for the three forms. Jane and I recognised her from the second form, which Jane filled out; the manager left a description of her car so that no more forms would be filled out. As for the second question, probably. There's two more in the area so I expect their charges will be taken into consideration. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Haha, idiot. Once, many moons ago a guy tried to rob our store. He happened to get a full time cashier (we still had them!) who completely shut him down.* He was implying that he had a knife, and she looked at him and said "that's not going to work, son." And he immediately left and went to rob the discount department store in the same shopping complex. Was caught, because our cashier was on the phone to 911 before he even cleared the doors.

*I'm sure this was against policy, and really dangerous, so I'm not saying it was a good choice.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
              X