This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    In addition to Donny Donot and Goofus, there was Private Snafu of WW2 fame.

WARNING: Clicking on the above video link may result in the loss of several hours of your time.
    There goes my night.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
      Have you posted the antics of the Skippy YOU worked with here? (Or Gump, or Corrigan...)
      He did:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=107350
      I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
      - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

I am just leaving this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ZkdHImCuQ

Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The first image shown a mangled hand missing all but 2 (very twisted and mangled) fingers. He tried to remove a stuck pin on his weapon mount using a 50-Cal round and a rock. HE HIT A LIVE 50-CAL ROUND, on the primer, with a rock...[/QUOTE]

We had similar images hung up all over the hangar at my first Navy command. Most of ours were related to a ring (always a wedding band) getting caught in some moving piece of helicopter machinery. The photos are really graphic but damned if we didn't have an experienced mech have half his ring finger torn off!
          Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

No...those were all drivers. Gump was an idiot, Corrigan was...well, just worthless. Skippy was nuts, but in a GOOD way.

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
              We had similar images hung up all over the hangar at my first Navy command. Most of ours were related to a ring (always a wedding band) getting caught in some moving piece of helicopter machinery. The photos are really graphic but damned if we didn't have an experienced mech have half his ring finger torn off!
              Dang, I seen that one too. Another popular one in shops, where the finger was still "there" but the skin completely removed.

Always, remove jewelry and rings when working with/on machines.
              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

This boggles my mind. My father was a machinist and later shop management, and he effectively NEVER WORE his wedding ring (he wore it for the honeymoon, but never after). He wasn't immune by any stretch to making mistakes - he was missing the first 1/2 inch of one finger, but he sure as heck knew not to wear a ring around the machinery! Why is it SO hard for SO many people to understand that?
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                  HOW? How can someone be that inept at life?

Also, I rather enjoyed the build up to this story. It was well done, Donny Donot was a classic, but I always had a soft spot for the US Army Preventative Maintenance comics.
                  I always liked reading the US Navy's "Summary of Mishaps" - the guy who wrote them in the 90s was a scream. The proper way to refer to an igniting fire of any kind is "FOON!" I'm not sure how accessible they nowadays. Here's a sample of a "mishap": (they always come in ALL CAPS

A. IN THIS WEEK'S "SAY WHAT?" DEPARTMENT, WE HAVE A WELDER IN MARYLAND WHO INJURED HIS JAW (THE MISHAP REPORT SAYS) "WHILE USING A HOLE PUNCH."

THE REPORT GLOSSED OVER THE MECHANICS OF HOW YOU INFLICT BRUISES AND CONTUSIONS ON THE LOWER PART OF YOUR FACE WHILE USING A HAND TOOL.

I'm wondering if he meant a paper hole punch, i.e. a one, two or three hole punch, or one of the scarier types with less idiot, err, safety features.

Summary of Mishaps link might work...
                  Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                  At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                    This boggles my mind. My father was a machinist and later shop management, and he effectively NEVER WORE his wedding ring (he wore it for the honeymoon, but never after). He wasn't immune by any stretch to making mistakes - he was missing the first 1/2 inch of one finger, but he sure as heck knew not to wear a ring around the machinery! Why is it SO hard for SO many people to understand that?
                    My stepfather cannot get his wedding band off. Removing it would require having it cut.

Comment

Back when I did work in a factory there was a safety movement to have a v-slot cut in the backside of rings so that if it got caught on something it would bend around the finger instead of removing the finger. There were always those who ignored the advice. Personally, I remove my ring in those situations.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
                        My stepfather cannot get his wedding band off. Removing it would require having it cut.
                        Uh, he should have it cut off regardless...it can't be good for your circulation to have a ring so tight you literally cannot remove it from your finger. He can always have it re-sized for a small fee.

Comment

It's not tight...in fact, it spins easily. But arthritis means it will no longer go over his knuckles.

Comment

Working...
                          X