Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shut the f*** up during the 2 minute silence, arsehole!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, dissrespect for our military is growning by leaps and bounds and there isn't enough bandwidth to cover my opinion of such people.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

Comment

There are some of us on CS who were in the military (including myself) and it's funny how much better you're treated in the military and you do all these things, and you kind of half expect a hero's welcome at first.

Then, you realize that there's not a single soul around you who'll remember anything you did.

Comment

I don't know why, but Americans, myself included, think it's soooo funny when Brits curse.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          I don't know why, but Americans, myself included, think it's soooo funny when Brits curse.
          Qft. But playing with accents and using foreign slang is, in and of itself, too much fun. We've started doing that sometimes at work, and it'll be a great amusement until the day one of us snaps and tell a customer to piss off.

I wonder if I can get my boss to watch Life on Mars so we can all start calling him "Guv?"

Comment

Quoth Twotall View Post
            So did my teacher once... At the 50-year "anniversary" (is that the correct word?) of the occupation of Norway during WWII, the entire country was instructed to keep two minutes of silence in rememberance. When the instructions came over the PA system at school, the teacher got everyone to rise... and then started talking about what he remembered from that year.

Some student actually had to hiss to him that he should shut up.
            well... Norwegian teachers are a bit... lacking... to say the least, the school i went to had the old principle(sp?) die in a prison camp in WWII, so they had a small bust of him in the school yard, and we'd gather there for the 2 minute silence... well... everyone but the current principle were quiet, if we diden't go outside, it would be our teacher, and they complain the young have no respect
            Rawr

Comment

You dont happen to work in Parramatta Westfields do you?

Comment

Our store does something similar for 9/11. We "advertise" it in our flier and put signs up. We will ignore phone calls and SC requests. during the 1 MINUTE of silence this some SC called and eventually hung up. After the minute was up she called again DEMANDING to know why we didn't answer.

SC: I called. Why didn't you answer the phone??
                ME: We were observing a minute of silence for the 9/11 victims.
                SC: I don;t care about them, im very busy now, all I wan..
                Me: *CLICK*

She never did call back.

Comment

Working...
                X