This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike 1....2....3.....

So i'm at the front, when this woman asks if we sell paper plates. (Insert WTF moment here.) I tell her no, we don't have. Now just as I was about to tell her where in the mall she could get them, she had to open her lips and speak:

SC: "Well howcome you don't sell them?"

Strike one.

Then her friend had to snort like a little piggy to her friends snide remark. "Good One."

Strike two.

Now they start to leave, but just as I was about to swallow my pride and tell them (out of "Customer Service") she had to do it.

SC: "But you sell these. (Picks up a bag) Why don't you have plates?" Now how she said it pretty much was a insult and tone like a snotty brat.

Strike three.

I pretty much repeated what I said earlier with a firmer tone. We....don't.....have.....it. All she did was walk off about a few feet before yelling "OKAY!!"

So wait, if you sell bags, you automatically sell paper plates? Does she include handbags in that equasion? I'd love to see her walk into a Guess store, spot the bags and start demanding paper plates....
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      So wait, if you sell bags, you automatically sell paper plates? Does she include handbags in that equasion? I'd love to see her walk into a Guess store, spot the bags and start demanding paper plates....
      We have so much stuff that ain't even related to books it's sickening.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
        Give it a little time ... you'll be selling plates, napkins, and plastic utensils. Well, in lovely color-coordinated movie-book tie-ins.
        I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
          I am thinking it was a gift bag or something? Even in all my years with B&N I have still never seen paper plates.

Yeah, since I started working at the Distribution Center I have seen so many web-only non-book items it boggles the mind (including a radar-scrambler...ya know, that you put in the car so you know when the cops are nearby, and are likely illegal in a number of states...when I first saw it I thought it must be a mis-shipment...I was wrong.)
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

What particular drug was she taking that day to equate a book store with paper plates? Bizarre, so by that 'logic' stationary shops, decorating stores and news agents should all sell paper plates as they all sell paper bits and bobs. Bizzare
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

What the hell, book stores don't sell paper plates! What a dumb bitch!
              My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of store do you work at?

Comment

You folks are all looking at this the wrong way. The lady in the story was of course right. Seriously, if she wanted paper plates, the store should have been selling them.

It is for this reason that today I will be doing my grocery shopping at the auto parts store, look for kitchen supplies at the bicycle shop, and pick up my dry-cleaning at the optometrist's.

Makes perfect sense, don't you think?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

What, are you Ye Olde Paper Distributore? Then again, you WERE in a mall...you could probably have counted their combined IQ on one hand.
                    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                      Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of store do you work at?
                      If you haven't figured it out yet, she works at a BOOKstore!!

I've seen a lot of crazy things in all my years at the bookstore, but I have never seen paper plates. Ceramic mugs and saucers in the cafe, yes. Paper plates, no.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X