This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Brief Tales of stupidity...

So I overheard part of a co-worker's conversation with the customer and after the call was over he filled me in on the missing half:

Stupid Customer: I'm having problems resetting the password on my daughter's account. Everytime I try and do it, your computer system tells me it doesn't recognize the email address I'm using!
    Co-Worker: Okay, well let's look at her account. Did you or she set that up?
    SC: She did - she set everything on the account, including the email, was set by her!
    CW: Okay - can you confirm the email address that you think she set?
    SC: Yes, it was XXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.
    CW: I'm sorry - that isn't the email address that was attached to the account. Any other addresses she might have used?

[Skip a couple minutes of back and forth in which the SC gives other email addresses she is positive were used and apparently gets pushy and rude.]

CW: I'm sorry ma'am - none of those is working. Are you SURE she set it?
    SC: *snotty tone* OF course I am! I already told you that!
    CW: *flat tone* I apologize. I just didn't think that with an email address of "DirtySlutRNXXX@XXXXXXXXX" that it was your daughter's account!
    SC: Uh... uh... yes. I guess she didn't set it after all...

Brief exchange I had on the phones today - it was my WTF moment:

SC: I have to tell you that after several months of dealing with you [More like two weeks but who's counting? ] I don't really believe you've mailed these materials to the college.
    ME: Well Ma'am, I'm happy to giving you some tracking information you can use to follow up with both of those schools.
    SC: Frankly, I don't really believe you that it's been sent. So I want you to call those colleges, confirm that the materials are there and then call me back to tell me so.
    ME: Okay ma'am. We'll call you back once we've touched base with them...

[So you don't believe me now but if I call you back in 30 minutes and tell you the exact same thing it will be all different?!]
    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.
Working...
X