Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sir, if you insist of giving me attitude, I will be returning with some of my own

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir, if you insist of giving me attitude, I will be returning with some of my own

I'll apologize in advance, because my stories tend to get rather long and way too detailed, but I'll try to keep this short. If you're not familiar with my job, I do tech dispatch for radio equipment, i.e. radio system doesn't work, customer calls me, I call tech, tech fixes radio, everyone is happy.

Last night, we had a case come through. Ongoing issue, but still a high priority given that it's affecting state police radio equipment. When the case comes through to me, I try to contact the shop to get it dispatched, but I get a recording that states that they'll be closed Friday 11/10 (WTF?) to honor Veteran's Day, and will reopen Monday 11/13 (again, WTF?). It then directs me to a VM that they will check the next day. No after hours number/pager, no answering service to get me emergency support that night. After a few hours go by and we still can't reach the shop, even though I've woken the owner's son and determined that he's in Mexico, and we've paged two support managers, we contact the customer, who approves the case being put on hold til this morning.

Apparently, even though all the proper entities were contacted and notified that this was a problem last night, it didn't bother them enough to fix it for today. The shop does send a tech out, he arrives on site at about 2pm, but doesn't bother to ever call back with an update. We start trying to call him when the issue escalates around 7pm, and yet again, can't reach anyone. About an hour or two after that, the customer calls in, stating that the tech hasn't been on site since approx. 3pm, and that they've had the problem occur two more times, so they need someone to site tonight.

I call the shop back, try an additional number I find in the notes, call the support manager, page her just for good measure, and finally page a system manager whose name I find in the case notes. R, the system manager, calls back rather quickly, and though he can't help, he does give me the phone number for J, the shop manager. I call J, who answers, and immediately begins to give me attitude. He's grouchy because he's (maybe, he never gave me a straight answer on this) not the manager of the branch I need, which is one of four, and because they've apparently given us the after hours pager number "so many times" that he can't believe it hasn't been updated. He becomes so patronizing and obnoxious as he continues his whining that I finally snap.

Basically, after he finishes his whining, saying "I'm sure you can understand my sarcasm given how we thought this was taken care of," I lay in and let him know that I'm sure he can understand why I'm frustrated as I've been dealing with the same issue for two nights in a row, and the customer is getting more upset because their shop hasn't filled their end of the deal. After this, he tries to come back by telling me that they've given us this number before, he's sure it was in emails, etc. I come right back and let him know that he needs to always make sure the proper procedure for updating their shop record is followed so this doesn't happen again, as there is only one way to have the information updated in our system, and he apparently hasn't followed it.

In the end, he took down the case information and let me know that he'll head out to site, and when he called back a few minutes ago, he seemed to have lost the attitude. I've just gotten to the point lately where I have no patience for that nonsense, and if you feel attitude is necessary, you will be receiving, as well as giving.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

wow.. that dude got pwned!
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X