This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RetailActress View Post
    I'm sorry you had to work on the 4th of July. This day should be set aside from corporate/managerial greed, and even more so should be Memorial Day, which is the
    day to honor our war dead.

Citizens, don't patronize stores which greedily stay open on these important commemorative days, and let their corporate leaders know! Call, write, e-mail them!

R..A.
    Indeed, stores being open on Christmas is bad enough! And how much you wanna bet those corporate leaders get those holidays off?

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
      Indeed, stores being open on Christmas is bad enough! And how much you wanna bet those corporate leaders get those holidays off?
      I've been predicting this for several years now: Eventually my company will decide to have some stores open on Christmas Day as a "test" (Christmas Day is the only day we are closed).

My store will be one of the test stores, because we are open on every holiday stores of ours in other states are closed.

No matter how few people turn out on that day, corporate will decide the test was successful enough to open all the stores.

And of course the corporate suits will have the day off while the peons fight to get the day off.
      Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 07-06-2008, 11:29 PM.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

St.Stephens Day is a saint's day and a national holiday, and because everyone wants the day after Christmas off as well, everything is closed. In the UK, this is not the case, and a good few stores open on this day, even their counterparts in Dublin. My store won't because it's completely Irish and family-owned and run. St Patrick's Day has the same status as Stephens Day, even more so, but yeah, we open to cater for people buying flags and hats and stuff before the parade. And food. It is big in Ireland though.

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
          Okay?
          A car came through drive, and the couple in it asked what time we closed. This was at 9:30, I told them we close at 11. They said “Oh, we’ll be back later.” They never did.

C'mon you know they came back at 11:15pm!
          Tamezin

Comment

Working...
          X