Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm bookmarking that recipe just in case. I've got one of those small dogs who doesn't know he's small. He might be terrified of leaves on the ground or mailboxes, but I don't think there's an animal alive that he's scared of. He scared a Great Dane at the vet a few weeks ago because he's so very enthusiastic about meeting other animals.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
      I've got one of those small dogs who doesn't know he's small.
      All dogs think they're big dogs. Even the tiny little yapping purse pooches.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        All dogs think they're big dogs. Even the tiny little yapping purse pooches.
        Those of us who are smaller than average have to make ourselves known very firmly or those who are larger than us tend to step on us (physically or metaphorically).

I was a foot shorter than everyone else in my year for my entire school career. In infant school every bully in the school tried it on. Once.

They were very careful to leave my little younger* sister alone when she started school the next year.

* She's normal sized. Once she was toddling strangers assumed we were non-identical twins.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I only WISH the dog had found a skunk that one time...........

Instead of that porcupine.

He's fine, but man, what a vet trip.... they stopped counting at 120.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Nice one! Was the dog's name Chance?

Not sure what was worse: my St. Bernard getting skunked...or my Maine Coon Cat letting a squirrel loose in the house.

Comment

Arga, did your poor dog look like this? (warning - disturbing image)
              http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/porcupinedog.asp I wouldn't want that vet bill!

I love Bull Terriers and coonhounds... for my sins. Coonies are not stupid at all, but independent,* and ruled by their noses. Any good smell, and they just can't hear you.

Bullies have a lot of prey drive, and seem to enjoy a good fight, though they rarely start one. They, too, are smart. (What dog is smarter, the one who jumps to do all your commands, or the one who convinces you that they can't do that?) Neither breed seems to feel pain as long as they're having fun. Afterwards is a different matter. Bullies, especially, become sad, neglected, drama queens! The emergency vet used to say, when our 1st Bullie came in, "It's the Drama Queen!" (Yes, they knew him well, alas.)

The absolute best thing I know for skunk is a product called Odor-mute. It's also great for the results of house-breaking puppies, if you get my drift. Amazon has it (at least in the USA). It's a powder that you mix with warm water, which makes it much cheaper than the bottled stuff.

* Both scenthounds and terriers were bred for jobs where they have to figure things out for themselves, because they only see their handlers when it's all over, so to speak. Terriers go underground to find and kill rats, rabbits, and other things in dens. Scent hounds are turned loose to find and bay game, while their owners listen for their tracking and "at bay" barks (which mostly sound nothing like other breeds' barking).
              I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
              - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                Those of us who are smaller than average have to make ourselves known very firmly or those who are larger than us tend to step on us (physically or metaphorically).
                Don't I know it. My former CWs at the wholesale club, Big Mama Awesome and Little Mama Awesome (mother and daughter) were both diminutive in size. BMA, after having LMA, had actually produced several much larger children, but LMA had a mouth on her if you pissed her off. So did BMA, for that matter.

Mind you, in her other job working for the catering company that services Verizon Center, LMA was on first-name basis with a lot of performers, not to mention professional wrestlers. They were protective of her. LMA once told a story about some delivery guy at the VZ Center that started to give her a hard time, on the verge of physically threatening her. A tableful of pro wrestlers-- at least three of whom were north of 6'5"-- stood up, and she waved them off before they ... expressed their displeasure.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Not nearly that bad, but bad enough.

Malamutes have that natural predatory-prey instinct, anything cat-sized or smaller that runs in front of them, if you're not around to stop them, their first instinct is KILL AND EAT.

Fortunately, he's a wimp, and if what he tries to eat puts up a fight, he'll drop it.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    Not nearly that bad, but bad enough.

Malamutes have that natural predatory-prey instinct, anything cat-sized or smaller that runs in front of them, if you're not around to stop them, their first instinct is KILL AND EAT.

Fortunately, he's a wimp, and if what he tries to eat puts up a fight, he'll drop it.
                    Could be worse...my aunt's dog broke a few teeth attacking a squirrel. A ceramic squirrel.

My aunt's dog was REALLY, REALLY STUPID!

Comment

The vets office in my hometown would have made her wash the cat in the farm bay before they let it in the office proper. Kinda funny how it is in rural life sometimes. I recall one trip to the vet where there was a guinea pig, a snake, a rabbit, cats and dogs in the waiting room and a horse and a Holstein in the parking lot paddock.

Comment

The recipe was developed by a molecular biologist who sat down one day and pondered what could decompose the molecule that causes skunk spray to be so obnoxious...using household chemicals that anyone would likely have or could get easily.

I've used it on myself. It works.

And no, I didn't tangle with a skunk. A bunch of friends and I were sitting at a park bench one night when a skunk and three of her babies were walking by. Close by.

One friend thought it would be jolly fun to chuck a soda can at the skunk. Since I was sitting next to him, I got it as much as he did.

I went home and mixed the stuff. It worked like a charm after two doses. I didn't bother to share the recipe with him figuring that he can fecking Google it for himself, or he could live with it for the week it takes to wear off.
                        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

What did you do to the "friend?"
                          I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                          - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Perhaps we should have a special 'Porcupine Lounge*' set aside for our very worst SC's...

*the perfect name,being filled with pricks
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                            X