Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snobbiest Customer Ever! (Language, long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snobbiest Customer Ever! (Language, long)

I work in a clothing/home decor shop situated within a very large store. In all my six months here, I have never met a snobbier customer. She wasn't just snobby though, she was pure evil and spent the entirety of her visit talking shit about the shop, the staff, and pretty much anything she could. Her friend was with her, and, while a moaning minnie, she wasn't quite as rude as her friend.

I'll start by giving them names: Evil Rude Arse (ERA) and Less Evil Moaner (LEM)

Me and my coworker were just milling about tidying when ERA came swanning over with a look of disgust on her face. I started off by saying hello to her, but of course, she bypassed that and asked a question.

ERA: Where is the mirror?!
    Me: We have two mirrors, one at that end, (pointing) and one at the other (pointing).
    ERA: Well that is just stupid! I'm right here, and I want a mirror here! The clothes are HERE in the middle, you should have a mirror right HERE!

Um. Actually this is a clothing shop, so we've got clothes wall to wall... and please stop talking to me like I'm a piece of shit okay thanks.

Me: Sorry about that. Do you want me to bring you a mirror?

ERA: No.

Me: Okay, well do you need any help?

ERA: If I want help, I'll bloody well ask!

Okay. I wasn't really angry at this point because I actually thought it was a wind-up. My co-worker looked at me with a WTF expression on her face and we went back to what we were doing. But we couldn't help but overhear snippets of ERA and LEM's conversation.

ERA: I don't like *shop name*s own brand because they make their clothes in filthy factories and I just find the make shabby and ill-made.

LEM: And I do wish they wouldn't pile their clothes so high on the shelves! Do they have no sense at all?

ERA: No, these sorts of people don't have a brain between them, why do you think they do shop work?

OH NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T. I was actually getting angrier and angrier at this point. This wasn't a wind-up, it was genuine. If only they could hear themselves!

While they were doing this, they were making the shop a complete and utter mess. ERA had gotten a bunch of clothes in her hands, came up to me and said, "You can put these back. It's your job, you know!"

OH REALLY? I DIDN'T KNOW. GUESS THAT'S WHAT NOT HAVING A BRAIN DOES TO A PERSON. .

I'm obviously a glutten for punishment. After putting the stuff back that she'd pretty much flung at me, I went up to them both and asked them if they needed any help, since they were struggling with the piles of clothes on the shelves.

ERA: Now you ask us! You've watched us struggle for half an hour and NOW you ask us if we need help! Unbelievable! We don't require your help anymore!

Me: I did ask you if you needed help...

ERA: No you bloody well didn't!

You know what? Fuck you. I did, and you know I did. You just wanted to moan and be an evil arsehole. You obviously think we're beneath you... and half an hour? More like ten minutes.

A couple of minutes later, LEM was looking at the jewelery. ERA came swanning over and immediately started going off on how we'd arranged the jewelery, and how it made it very difficult for customers. Oh fuck off. No one's ever complained about it... you're the first! And then:

ERA: ASSISTANT! ASSISTANT! Help my friend!

So I put on my biggest smile, and helped LEM. LEM actually thanked me for this, but ERA said to her, "Why are you thanking her? It's her job, she HAS to help you!"

Then they were lingering at the tills, but they were still talking and it kind of looked like they weren't ready. I asked REM if she was ready to pay and she barked "NO!" at me like I'd asked her an offensive question. So I left it. Not thirty seconds later, REM said, "Can we get some service around here?!" but another co-worker, an older woman, decided to take over the sale. Thing is, REM was totally different to my older co-worker than she was to me and my other co-worker. Since my other co-worker is still a teenager, and I look like one, I'm wondering if she was vile to us because we're young. That's my guess.

Anyway, my faith in humanity was restored somewhat when another customer came over to me and patted me on the shoulder, asking if I was alright. She said REM and LEM were nasty, vile people and that she'd heard everything and was totally disgusted. She told me that it's a wonder I didn't flip out an tell them to go shop elsewhere, but said she understood that I was put into a difficult situation and couldn't really say what I wanted to. She actually came back into the shop two hours later and ask if I was okay

There's be a certain point in that story I'd be asking someone to get out. Or at least learn some manners.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
      There's be a certain point in that story I'd be asking someone to get out. Or at least learn some manners.
      They need more than manners . . . they need hysterectomies to get the sticks from their asses.

Which, in turn, could have been stuck up there b/c of their rudeness to begin with but that's probably neither here or there.

In the meanwhile, have a and a plate of cookies of your choice.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        They need more than manners . . . they need hysterectomies to get the sticks from their asses....
        They've already had hoist 'em rectumries... right up to face level.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, I would've been fired. "Out! You two cows! OUT! NOW!"

Failing that, it would have been interesting to make this remark: "Yes, there is definitely something lacking in this shop. MANNERS." With a pointed look at the two idiots.

ERA must be a really miserable person and she's taking it out on others.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Jeez, who dumped Ultra-Concentrated Bitch Powder in the water supply? Seems like there are an awful lot of better-than-thous running around lately.

It was nice of that other customer to come back and check on you, and offer sympathy and support. Pity someone couldn't have confronted the bitches on their nasty behavior.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              They need more than manners . . . they need hysterectomies to get the sticks from their asses.

Which, in turn, could have been stuck up there b/c of their rudeness to begin with but that's probably neither here or there.

In the meanwhile, have a and a plate of cookies of your choice.
              I dunno about that; I had a hysterectomy but my manners aren't much better

Comment

Quoth jennie View Post
                I dunno about that; I had a hysterectomy but my manners aren't much better
                I would also suggest beating them over the head w/said sticks after the procedure but I wouldn't want to do that to the sticks.

I mean, they didn't do anything to deserve that.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X