This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discount SC

Had one last night. My store had a promo, 25% off your entire purchase. Supposed to end Sunday, but was extended through Wed. Customer came in last night, Thursday, and asked about it. I told her sorry, that ended yesterday. She then says "but I'm sure I got something today in my email" Um, ok, but I doubt that since it ended yesterday.

So she pulls it up on her phone, and its for the sale that began yesterday. That should have been the end of it, right? Nope, she then pulls up the email she got Wed, saying hey, last day for the previous promo. And then kept pointing out that even though it said something like "here today, gone tomorrow" meaning it was over Wed, she hadn't received the email until sometime Wed afternoon. So she should somehow be entitled to the promo that was over, because she didn't get it in time. Whatever.

Manager was covering from another store, that happened to have the item she wanted, so he told her, come in tomrorow, and I'll give you the discount. just to get rid of her since he figured since she was so annoyingly persistent, she'd be a PITA. While i hate rewarding SCs, sometimes its just easier. Karma will get her though. she wanted some item from the catalog, and i know she will expect the discount on that too. Which we have no control over, so she won't get it. But sadly, i happen to know the item she wants is sold out. HA

I get emails all the time from certain online retailers that I buy from. I don't check my email every day, so often I'll come across ones that say "Last chance" or "sale ends today" or some such, dated last week, or yesterday or whatever. And what do I do? I shrug and delete them. It's not that big a deal. These people want the moon.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

SC's can't read, anyway.

I used to host a Rock Band night at a local restaurant. They had sent out an email blast to their customers letting them know the day, the time, etc.

As I'm getting set up, a woman and her kid show up with acoustic guitars in hand. "The music store is the next block down" I said.

"No, we're here for open mic night."

"There is no open mic night. It's Rock Band. On the Xbox 360. See?" I pointed to the bigscreen TV and obvious video game system I was plugging in.

"No! The email said open mic! You're wrong!"

"I'm pretty sure it didn't. And even if that's what it said, clearly we're setting up for video games, so..."

"Well we're leaving!" she huffed. Meanwhile her poor kid, who looked to be around 10 - 11 years old, never said a word. I'm sure he would have enjoyed playing some video games. I should have said as much, but I was happier to see her go.

Later when I got back to our shop I looked in my own email, as we get them from the restaurant. There was no question... it clearly said Rock Band night, video game, etc. etc.

Some people just can't admit when they're wrong.

Comment

I completely agree. I know people who will scream that the grass on the ground is red, not green, because they'll never admit to being wrong.

I found with working with these types of people, keeping your cool, pleasantly asking "You sure?" or something along those lines, you'll find a way to prove them wrong and hopefully they'll eat some humble pie later.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

No, they can't read. A huge pet peeve of mine, for years, has been our sale signs which will say "up to x percent off the original price" which means the lower price, marked in red, IS the price you pay. My pet peeve was that the "up to" was in teeny letters, while the "x percent off" was much larger. I mean if you really stopped to read the sign, you could see what it said, but I can cut SCs some slack since the up to was in teeny type.

Not any more. We currently have a sale going on, and the signs now have the up to, and x percent off in the same, LARGE type.

That does not, however, stop people from asking "what's x percent off" and "is it an additional x percent off the price marked?" NO! it is not. When we DO take an ADDITIONAL percent off the markdowns, the signs say that.

I swear people are either stupid, can't read, or both. I had one customer ask me, i told her no, its UP TO x percent off. She then questioned me again when paying, saying, well, i got it on the sale rack. Yes, yes you did, but that still doesn't mean its more off the marked price

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            I completely agree. I know people who will scream that the grass on the ground is red, not green, because they'll never admit to being wrong.

I found with working with these types of people, keeping your cool, pleasantly asking "You sure?" or something along those lines, you'll find a way to prove them wrong and hopefully they'll eat some humble pie later.
            Yes. I hate these customers too. I had one, who worked in another one of our stores to boot, who called asking about a dress. Which was navy and i think pale mint green. But she swore up and down it was pale blue. And told me I was wrong, yada, yada, yada. Well, I knew the merchandise well enough to know what she wanted, so I put it aside for her. She comes in, and "oh, it IS green" no apology for being rude, nothing. Fine.

Comment

Forget trying to serve them the humble pie. They'll argue that they are allergic to it.

At the repair center, I had people argue with me on the price of a repair (which I didn't set), the price of a part that they were quoted over the phone (which I was the one that told them the price and it didn't change over the five minutes between) and the price of estimate (which gets subtracted from the cost of repair, but otherwise non-refundable!). Very few "sorries" did I ever get.

Same for Hell-mart. Actually, I got less apologies there and more whining. It's not that SC's can't read. It's that they won't, if that the sign says goes against their world view, which is FREE FOR MEEEEE!!!!
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

We have the same issue with these coupons we issue; basically, you spend a certain amount at the supermarket and give the cashier there the coupon. She scans it in and after you pay, a fuel coupon comes out with your receipt. But SCs can't read the instructions, which are clearly marked on the original coupon and try to use the original coupon in the petrol station. Then they throw a tantrum when we point out that they have to spend the money first. Um, you're not going to get money off petrol for free, you know.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X